•  
    17"

Which Dell Studio 15 or 17

• sishomarue
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sishomarue

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone, I am about to purchase a new laptop and was wanting the OZZU Communities' feedback. I am torn between buying a 15" or a 17" Dell Studio. Does anyone have any experience with this model and specifically the screen size. I will be using it for graphical design [i.e. PS and AI etc]. For that reason I am inclined to buy the 17", but is the battery life significantly worse with just 2 extra inches? Thank you in advance.

Here is the link to the Dell Site for images of the laptop. http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop_studio_17?c=us&cs=19&l=en&ref=lthp&s=dhs
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 22Gigs
  • 22Gigs

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to play games get the 15" with the 3650 and the lowest rez possible. If you don't want to, get the higest resolution / screen size possible. More real estate is a fantastic thing.
  • sishomarue
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sishomarue

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are games better on the smaller screen due to the fact the gpu does not have to render the extra two inches? I don't play games too often so that should not be that bad.
  • sishomarue
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sishomarue

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does any one else have any extra input?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

my opinion: bigger screen === bigger fun
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Practically speaking, laptops are meant to be portable. I would venture to guess that the majority of laptops sold are sold to business professionals who need the portability as well as students, particularly college students who would also benefit from the portability. With that said, although a 17 inch screen is nice, the laptop obviously increases in size to support it. If the object of the purchase is primarily portability, make it convenient for yourself and get the smaller one. Trust me you'll quickly regret having to carry the bigger one around with you. I use between three to four laptops at any given time for work and they are all 15 inch. The one 17 inch I did purchase for my Company President, initially he loved the screen, but six months later wanted to have something smaller and requested I get him a different one. His comment was it was nice, but just way the hell too bulky.

Also as an aside, I use my 15" with programs like PS, AI, Flash, Premiere Pro, After Effects and other graphic and video intense programs at 1280x800 res and it's never bothersome.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts