White Water Rafting

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went White Water Rafting this weekend. Holy crap it was fun!

http://www.bodydot.com/view/608/White-W ... River.html

Here are some photos and videos. The funny part was when we left, there were these cowboys that were herding cattle right in the middle of the street.

JM
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Give over,

I get breathless just thinking about the fun white water would be if only I could surf/swim.

My dream retirement home is by the ocean watching the frothy waves roll in and roll out like a Swish animation...ahahaahahahah. I think I should be an a Piscean...should I not? Instead of a Virgo.
Lmaoooooooooooooooo

I will take a look and post back tomoz - thanks for sharing camperjohn!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went about 5 years ago... fun as hell.

We went in West Virginia on the New River on a day full of violent thunderstorms and lots and lots of rain. Since it had been raining all day, the class 3 and class 4 rapids that we were supposed to go through were all class 4 and class 5 by the time we got to them.

The coolest part, however, was the fact that as we went down the river through a mountain range, it started storming pretty violently again, and we could hear the buzz, then the crack, of the lightning as it struck the mountains on both sides of us. Honestly, we couldn't have asked for a better day.

Also, there were about five rafts in our group, and our raft happened to be lead by the main guy in charge of everything, so our raft went first through everything, and the ones behind us went the same way or took a different path depending on our success or failure. More often than not, they went a different way. Wussies.

It was awesome. I definitely want to go again when I get the time.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

lololol

I love watching the white water rides. We don't see enough water sport on tele...*angry

Maybe a video at YouTube lolol

You can't beat it - I just loooove white water.

I went to Newquay years ago for my honeymoon 'Trewarren Hotel' we watched the surfers there..what fun...watching them fall off the boards! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to go yearly as a teen in PA at Ohiopyle. Man I miss it.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

We went 2 years ago just outside glacier national park, that is tons of fun. We had a really good guide, he was a cool dude.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
We went 2 years ago just outside glacier national park

I have the vivid imagination...and to 'white water ride in a National park must have been awesome..I mean we have nothing in my actual locality to better that lololol I think the closest would be somewhere very remote in our lake district.

My son went on these school hols to learn water ride. You know the scenero? They are taught to rock climb, Absail, then they go in pretty fast water and have to free themselves upside down under water from the canoe. This was in the Brecon Beacons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brecon_Beacons) they were gone a week I re-call. Another holiday with the school was Belgium.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I used to go yearly as a teen in PA at Ohiopyle. Man I miss it

Vids anyone?

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have any of my own, but here's a few from the Ohiopyle website

http://www.ohiopyletradingpost.com/upprvidi.htm

I definitely know why camperjohn had fun. It's been 30 years for me and I still recall those memories. If you've never gone whitewater rafting, you have to do it at least once in your life.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I definitely know why camperjohn had fun. It's been 30 years for me and I still recall those memories. If you've never gone whitewater rafting, you have to do it at least once in your life.

They are *thrilling to watch to the point of breathlessness so to actually take part must surely be the ultimate. I have only walked by the edge of the beach in a seaside town pretty late at night with the tide rolling in extremely fast and a comapanion alsmost throwing me in . Now that was awesome as the sea washed over me and wet me through...lmaooooooooooooo The water hits your face, you gasp for breath..but yet its enjoyable.

Boys, I envy you!

AT/NO, the pages are gone but its ok I shall look at somewhere else.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

suzie wrote:
AT/NO, the pages are gone but its ok I shall look at somewhere else.

They're still there ... I am looking at it right now ...
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

No righteous_trespasser,

Its not showing for me look:

Quote:
The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

So I go and install the latest shockwave player and the latest Flashplayer but still...

Sigh!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strange ... really strange ...
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never been (yet). The place to go around here is Hell's Canyon.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man I love white water rafting. I've been about 4 times or so on a couple of rivers in the Northwest including the Deschutes, the Snake, the Titan, and White Salmon.

Best one I think was the White Salmon in Idaho.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found this but I could'nt post it this am for ya:

http://www.borneowildlife.org/raft.html

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds so cool. I'm thinking now where to go to do this fun activity and with who.

hmmm
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my early 20's, my buddies and me would drive down to the Upper Gulley in WV and do it all weekend every year. If you go, request an adventure raft. It's smaller, only for 4-5 people so you can do a lot more stuff on it.

Almost went last week while in Costa Rica, but with the wife and she chickened out :-(
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, vetofunk I would go to this place called KK in Borneo of Malaysia. (where I live in the other part of land same country) Instead.

I heard there are many of these services where they have professional guide. Lately, I'm planning some camping activities with friends. Any advice and tricks to do fun stuff? anyone welcome advice...

:)
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah! Kota Kinabalu = KK

Have you done the climb all the way to the top George? Or are you just planning to do that?

I can give you a link: Ruhaizad is a friend sort of so tell him Kate from Spotlight in Malaysia sent you over to see him...ahahahaha

One day you may like the study centre school in Maliau Basin. Now there you will be given a guide, nothing surer. You also must have permission to go there by the Yayasan Sabah Foundation.

Here is a video of the wonderful basin at my Wordpress site:

http://jungaling.com/Malaysia/?p=212 Everytime I play it (like every five minutes lolol) I always have to wipe a tear away, its always the same. I love the place.

I watch the video and It feels as if its draging me into the moment as if I am actually there. Malaysians are so very lucky to have such beauty...please look after it George.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

:o
Surprised. No, I shouldn't be as you told me before you like Malaysia.

Suzie, No, Never climbed any mountain except 2, 1 is just a hill and another...errr, you can say it's like a hill too.

I don't know about the climbing, it's going to cost me at least 1K and more to hire the guides and transport, stay.

I've talked about it with friends, and some are interested.

Yeah, I can't promise but I'd get in touch with the guy you say is good and see how.

I will watch that video. Suzie you climbed KK? Can you show some of the photos??? :)

Am I really that lucky to be here? I'm flying off in the next 3 years to somewhere else. :mrgreen:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Watching it. It's... I think normal? I don't know really, Suzie no offense, It's nothing compare with some New Zealand scenes or some China waterfalls....

I'm more intrigued by Charles Darwin. :scratchhead:

Thanks for the video I'll try watching it again.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

No ploblem George,

I am English what can I say? I love wildlife and Borneo has much. much, much, much awesome wildlife..

I was never at any time in Sabah to climb the awesome Mt Kinabalu or anywhere else in Malaysia. I made a very good friend who hails from KL and from that friendship Malaysia was born for me anyway starting with Langkawi Island and moved on to other Islands and Highlands.You won't find one item of post derogatory about Malaysia I always said I would present only the good and I believe I have done that.

There is a beautiful story about MT Kinabalu.

Aportion of that story:

Nevertheless, because of love, she found a better way to wait for her husband’s arrival. She decided to climb to the top of the highest mountain near her village, so that she could have a better view of the ships sailing around the South China Sea. Thus, she was then seen climbing up the mountain at every sunrise, returning only at nights to attend to her growing children.

Wipe your eyes George.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As for Ruhaizad Daud the man friend from the link I gave to his site for Kinabalu guides, even he has'nt yet managed to climb to the top. Tell me George how can he guide new climbs if he can't climb it himselff..hhaahahahh

Maybe he has the problems.This is what he sent me today by e-mail:

Quote:
1. I climbed Mt. Kinabalu again with Special Olympic teams as a
medical volunteer. This is my 5th time climbing, in which, I did not
able to reach the peak. Read & see more here:

http://mount-kinabalu-borneo.com/blog/4 ... emony.html
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

That guy is *%*

Lol.

Joking.
Hey Suzie, climbing Mt. KK is NO Big Deal from what I heard from my friends. All of them did it quite easily. Unless you're overweight? and has medical conditions and I sposed that Daud has some.

About that love story, I think that woman is too strong and finding a way to manifest her energy. Why can't she just wait for her husband and....

( At least she did not commit adultery that's a way she can use to keep her distracted? )

Thanks for posting the info about the conservation area in the borneo, I think I may want to visit that place. (someday)
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah!

Your trying to find if my friend was gurl or boy..haahhaah nice try George..ahahahaha

You make me *smile - the biggest mountain in the whole world and you feel no way can you fail to reach the top..*chuckles at George's enthusiasm or do I mean optomisism?

THE Story:

Well she loved him and I broght only a taster to tempt :mrgreen:
The basin: You can go but you need to contact Yayasan Sabah don't forget. Probably a site like for hols would gain permission on a grand scale for his/her clients. I would'nt want you getting lost in the 'lost world' now would I George...lmaooooooooo

:mrgreen:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

And that woman should be taking care of her children instead of leaving them in the sunrise.

It really depends on their story how they love each other, how long they know each other and the man's behaviour you'll know if I talk with him long enough. ( anecdote )

Again, seriously my friends some are in their 40s and some are overweights they bring home the photos on the tip of the mount KK.

I have never had the idea of failing the attempt. Maybe, another mountain they call "Mulu Caves"? is harder, the tracking is more untouched and dangerous and they say it's harder.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

That guy is a * loser + gay *

Which Guy do you presume is gay?

Quote:
Thus, she was then seen climbing up the mountain at every sunrise, returning only at nights to attend to her growing children.

She was. If you had to read it properly. You have to read between the lines. She may have had older children, old enough to look after the smaller children untill she returned.

Good luck with the climb where ever you go.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts