Why Choose Satellite TV Over Cable TV?

• Michael william
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Michael william

Post 3+ Months Ago

Satellite TV involves receiving signals from a satellite where as cable TV stations entails airing programs. The biggest advantage a satellite TV service has over cable TV is the picture and sound quality.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure how you figure that the picture and sound quality from a satellite signal can override my 1080i dig. cable paired up with 7.1SS? Neither have managed 1080p yet. If you want to back up your opinions with some facts, I'm all for it. I've seen this fight going on via media for a while, and I've done the research on my own needs - the cost difference would be negligible, the picture quality is the same, the sound pipes through my receiver either way, and cable doesn't die during storms. IMO if either had a strong advantage over the other, we wouldn't have such a butter side up/butter side down battle of commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dByOBMZ_Bhw
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me there was no choice between satellite or cable, there was only satellite. There is not always cable tv out to rural areas, so the decision was which satellite provider was better. So far the only time we've been sans tv was when the power was out so that would have happened no matter what. And as far as picture quality goes, can you really tell a difference?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

From OP's introductory post:

Quote:
I am a Dish Satellite TV provider in USA and international. if anyone interest email us [addy removed]

I would make an argument for cable regardless - if he wants to come here to spam, I don't want to make it easy on him. I half-hoped to get a legitimate response from someone in the business on their take, but I guess that's not going to happen.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bummer.
I have had zero experience with satellite television, only ever dealt with cable. I love having my internet, television and phone all on one bill. And Ive heard that satellite services have probelms providing consistent internet......
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, here we go again. :) I've ran the numbers for my own services - it's not any cheaper. I have (own) an HD box that gives me hundreds of HD channels and the company just rents me the card. I did diddly squat for setup - the company came on site and did everything - at no cost. Reliable service? I'm not even sure how you can quantify that into one phrase, but again, moot there as well.

Nobody cares to talk legitimate facts? All I see are opinions. You can't believe everything you read/see/hear from these companies, people.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Smokenjoe wrote:
And Ive heard that satellite services have probelms providing consistent internet......

Just as recently as a couple years ago the problem with satellite internet was that the equipment up in space was getting kind of old. And launching new gear up there is expensive, so customers were paying high bills with less than desirable bandwidth. But I think these days things might be getting better.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts