• Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess 90% of the people need Love .
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Joe Strummer said something about him not writing love songs because of that. I think he said, "It's been done". :)
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

'Cos it's an evocative subject matter. People don't get emotionally attached to their bathroom fittings, so who's gonna write a song about that. Much better (easier?) to write a song that will relate to the listener.
  • htcorp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • htcorp

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:

I think 100% :D
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it depends on what genre you listen to. 90% of the songs I listen to are about death. :)
  • htcorp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • htcorp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love is the most important element in our life (mother-baby, boy - girl (special!)...).Love is all around ! Consequently, in almost songs emit from "love" !
  • Janrocks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: between

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyefade wrote:
People don't get emotionally attached to their bathroom fittings

I'm very attached to my bathroom fittings.. They make life so much better. When you grow up in a house with no bathroom you come to appreciate the little things in life, like turning a tap and having hot water.

I don't listen to love songs either (unless they are about plumbing and fitted carpets, which I am still to acquire)
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Janrocks wrote:
dyefade wrote:
People don't get emotionally attached to their bathroom fittings

I'm very attached to my bathroom fittings.. They make life so much better. When you grow up in a house with no bathroom you come to appreciate the little things in life, like turning a tap and having hot water.

I don't listen to love songs either (unless they are about plumbing and fitted carpets, which I am still to acquire)

Hi Janrocks, you sound interesting. Like someone who's grown up in a poor country ,but is educated and willingful . I also reckon you have shifted to another place to live...

So, Where are you from ?
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love songs are for suckers.. Haha.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm reasonably fond of love songs. not all naturally, but some. also I'm not entirely sure what counts and what doesn't - I remember once a long time ago having a debate with an american history major about whether Frankie Goes to Hollywood's 'Relax' is a love song or not. I voted yes.

I'm in full agreement with Janrocks' point about bathroom fittings - I've done my share without them and I do love them dearly - but I would not really listen to music about them. well maybe if it was a really good bathroom fitting tune....

and if I had to choose a Song of the Decade, I'd say the credits song from Portal, 'Still Alive'. Is that a lovesong? I can't really tell... :D
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could always do what Rhianna did and sing a love song containing an item (The Umbrella).

Because she sang that, you just know there is going to be a million other songs coming out about the Walkingstick and the wheelbarrow.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like songs about the human condition. heh heh. like 'four seasons in one day' by crowded house or 'vivid' by electronic. you know, lyrics that make you think a bit.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is why I've been listening to instrumental bluegrass lately. :lol:

Seriously, I don't think the notion of a 'love' song is bad. I think because there are so very many, however, the majority of them seem thin or completely lacking in substance.

celandine wrote:
I like songs about the human condition.

Aren't all lyrical songs, in some way, about the human condition?
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think love songs make our mind free and give us a different feelings and divert us from our usual works or tensions. These songs also give us peace.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, I suppose all songs are in a way about the human condition... but they don't all make you contemplate it to the same degree. I suppose what I meant is I like songs that make me ponder the human condition - i.e. tell me something about it that hadn't entirely occurred to me before.
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, you are right.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
yes, I suppose all songs are in a way about the human condition... but they don't all make you contemplate it to the same degree. I suppose what I meant is I like songs that make me ponder the human condition - i.e. tell me something about it that hadn't entirely occurred to me before.

Ah ha! That's exactly my point about love songs. Because they are so common, many of them don't cause you to ponder anything, really. I would extend this to other creative endeavours as well. For instance, romance novels or poetry.

Quote:
Roses are red, violets are blue...

//Also, if you think about it, a lot of love songs are only talking about having sex. :lol:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Because they are so common, many of them don't cause you to ponder anything, really. I would extend this to other creative endeavours as well. For instance, romance novels or poetry.

yes, I hate it when people equate the term 'books' with the term 'literature'. most popular writing today is quite far from what I'd consider to be literature, for the very reason we seem to have hit upon - the point of a work of art of any sort is to help you understand something about your nature, the nature of others, the nature of humanity, the world... something about anything really. most books published (and making bestseller lists) these days don't really accomplish that... ditto lovesongs, poems, etc. common, common, common.

also I've nothing against sex as a topic for songs, or any other sort of art.... what was it woody allen said.... 'without love, sex is an empty and hollow experience. but as empty and hollow experiences go, it's one of the best!!!'

I'm also very partial to the song 'the bad touch', by the bloodhound gang.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

cuz love makes the world go round! :D
  • hancock0
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hancock0

Post 3+ Months Ago

its for the women. they are the only one who still buy cds
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:

The best comment on this thread :lol:
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

People don't know what to right about so they right about the topic that they feel safe about... love.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) Thanks Penguin.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
:) Thanks Penguin.

lol no problem :lol:

I also guess love songs are better becuase in some way every one can relate to them.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually have read a book by Napolean Hill years ago. One chapter of it says about the strongest emotions attached to us, human.
(There are millions others emotions which are not as strong as these)
1.Love
2.Sex
3.Romance

We all desire the emotions above, don't we? I certainly agree with him, with only love, without great sex with a woman I love is not satisfying, unhappy. With great love, sex but without romance will be as well ,asif one element is missing. It will incur boredoms to the couple over time ...
So, the key elements would be Love,Sex,Romance . I will die happy.

// :roll: :D
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats very true, I sat there thinking about that, and yeah without one of those it just does not work :P
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
I actually have read a book by Napolean Hill years ago. One chapter of it says about the strongest emotions attached to us, human.
(There are millions others emotions which are not as strong as these)
1.Love
2.Sex
3.Romance

We all desire the emotions above, don't we? I certainly agree with him, with only love, without great sex with a woman I love is not satisfying, unhappy. With great love, sex but without romance will be as well ,asif one element is missing. It will incur boredoms to the couple over time ...
So, the key elements would be Love,Sex,Romance . I will die happy.

// :roll: :D

These three emotions continue with life from birth till death.
Among the three love is immortal and has the connection with heart and mind where as other two are time bounded and has connection with youth age or body.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... I wouldn't really consider sex and romance to be emotions.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

romance yes, sex no.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information