Will You stop a Thief?

• Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw this somewhere and it showed a pretty interesting analysis but I believe it is not accurate and it would definitely depend on the witness and situation.

Check this out: http://wimp.com/stopthief/

How about you? Would you stop the thief?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not in the mood to watch a video right now, but I can say that in my own house if someone was to break in my dogs would probably scare them away before me or my wife needed to stop him. Back when I was a youngster my mom was friends with a police chief and his secretary at a karate school that he ran. He told her once that it doesn't matter how hard your dog can bite, as long as they have a good bark the burgalar will probably be scared away by that first.

But if it weren't for my dogs (one of them probably would attack a house robber) I would most definantly kick his ass. My house is MY house and you simply don't come in uninvited and especially with intentions of ripping us off.
  • vika
  • Born
  • Born
  • vika

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I encounter this situation, I will definitely stop the thief's. Although there may be dangerous, but if everyone did not come forward, that order will be trouble.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, you guys. The video is very far from what you are thinking.
I hope you can all find the time to watch the video.
It has a little psychology in it.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's what we pay taxes for. So the local police station can stop them.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I would have done what the people in the video did.

I mean if the woman just parked her stuff there an left without a word, then the guy came up, I might wonder if they were together or meeting there. I wouldn't have enough info to make a decision.

If we spoke and I had a sense, or knowledge, that she was alone, then the guy came up and grabbed the iPod, I'd do something.

Otherwise, I'm not a big fan of the beach. :lol:

If someone broke into my house, they better bring a gun and they better shoot me quick. I keep a 3 foot aluminum tube under my bed. The perpetrator would surely know a new definition of pain.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I keep a 3 foot aluminum tube under my bed. The perpetrator would surely know a new definition of pain.

Did you know the majority of injuries inflicted during burglaries are inflicted using the homeowners own weapons ?

A burglar doesn't want to fight with you. They're like snakes, most of them will try to flee if you find them, and only fight when cornered. Chances are the burglar is more afraid of you than you are of them. You know the layout of your place, they don't.

The best thing you can do when you think there is a burglar in the house is ironically the best thing you can do when you come across a snake or other wild animal, and that's make as much noise as possible to scare them away before they have a chance to see you.

You start banging around and any burglar smart enough to get into your house in the first place is going to drop anything they can't fit in their pockets and haul ass.

--

Home invasions are a different story though. Chances are if you're unlucky enough to be the target of a home invasion you're not going to have the time to think about your tube, let alone fetch it, before they have at least one hostage. They're more sophisticated than your average burglar, they're going to know how many people are in the house as well as where every one of those people are when they rush in through your door.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did actually know that. Even so, it makes me feel better anyway.

At least, I would feel remiss if I didn't have some sort of plan of attack. ;)

//Plus, my dogs would handle the noise making aspects. :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
At least, I would feel remiss if I didn't have some sort of plan of attack.

You could learn some ninja stuff. I have a buddy who can bang his forearms together and it sounds like a pair of broom sticks.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
That's what we pay taxes for. So the local police station can stop them.

You city slickers have it easy. Out here in the boonies we are pretty much on our own. Earlier this summer we had some vandalism at school and it was about 9 hours later before the both sheriff deputies on duty came to do their investigation. That wasn't so bad, just annoying because we were waiting around for them all day. But later in the summer a lady was playing with her kids on the playground at the school and she had some sort of an exchange of words with a guy walking by, and the guy pulled a gun on her and the kids. A lady next door saw it happen, and when he left she followed him to the motel. She talked to the motel owner and he said he had their names, but they paid cash and he didn't know where they were from. So they called the cops, and 2 hours later they showed up and determined that the pistol was legal and the guy had a permit to carry it and couldn't cite him because all they had for evidence was hearsay. He couldn't site him for having a weapon on school campus either because it was "technically an empty building" since school wasn't in session, which is bull *plum* because a school is a school and the law explicitly says no weapons allowed. It took the sheriff deputy two hours to come for a report of someone pointing a gun at someone else. Somebody could have been killed during that time. Hopefully you can see why almost literally everybody in Montana is packing heat.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Hopefully you can see why almost literally everybody in Montana is packing heat.

Then how come the lady and kids didn't pull thier 9's and pop a cap in his punk ass?

I keed, I keed. :lol:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good point, Mr Funny.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts