Windows Longhorn

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does any one have an link to download the new version of windows it's called Longhorn? Can someone please reply the link to me some time today?

Thanks
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

been looking for it myself.. havent found it yet though... ill keep checkinghere to see if anyone else found it
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Will the newsgroups carry longhorn? I know they carry alot of things like that.
  • Frax
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Frax
  • Loc: San Jose, Costa Rica

Post 3+ Months Ago

Longhorn?? new windows ver??

that's interesting can you guy explain a little about it please.

Thanx

Peace
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe Longhorn is the "code name" for the release of windows that will come out in 2004. I hear it somehow got leaked out, but its probably pretty hard to find. Also the same thing happened with Windows XP a long time ago, and from what I have read the early release of Windows XP was nothing like the final version... so even if you downloaded the release of Windows Longhorn, I am pretty sure it will be nothing like the final version that eventually comes out.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have another question for you. When i go to download Redhat Linux 8.0 with my 56k modem. My internet connection automatically disconnects and sometimes it says the connection was reset or the connection was timed out. What could be the problem. I really want Redhat Linux

Thanks
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try downloading it from another mirror. There are alot of mirrors that are overloaded, or have problems from time to time. Just keep trying different mirrors until you find a good one. If you are downloading with a dialup connection it will take you a very long time to get. I recommend using some kind of download manager so that if you do lose your connection, you can start off where you left off, instead of starting all over.
  • Frax
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Frax
  • Loc: San Jose, Costa Rica

Post 3+ Months Ago

have you tryed the windows 2003 professional beta? and what do you think about it?
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only two nirrors that i know of are http://www.linuxiso.org and ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/mirrors/re ... n/iso/i386

Do you know of any mirrors? Can you send me a couple of mirrors?
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

no i have not tryed windows 2003. I would have to download it. I don't know where to download it at
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a ton of redhat mirrors here:

http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need you to help me with something. After my download is complete. Do i make my windows and linux partitions the same or are they different? I'm going to do it manually with fdisk. When i start fdisk. How much % should i set for each gig?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you use fdisk from windows/dos you would set up just your windows partion and then leave alot of unused space that goes to no partion, as you will set that part up in redhat. I would at least give 2-3 gigs for redhat.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

What download manager do you use or you had use? So i can keep on searching and i know what to look for.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not use a download manager, but one you might look for is called Go!Zilla. You can find it here:

http://www.gozilla.com/
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attention Bigwebmaster

I can't set up Go!zilla to start downloading. I tryed to set it up but i don't know how so i been downloading without the download manager. Do you know how to set up Go!zilla?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not know offhand. I do not use it. I just know that it is one of the popular download managers. There should be some kind of help file or tutorial on the site which walks you through on how to use it. Shouldn't be that hard I would think. Just try messing around with it. Are you getting any errors?
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attention Bigwebmaster

I could not figure out on how to use Mo!zilla I tryed that link that you gave me with the mirrors and it did it again. It came up with errors. The only way i can get Redhat Linux is for me to download it.

Thanks
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

You tried every link on that mirror page? and what errors are you getting?
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes it says the operation was timed out or the connection was reset.

I download it one night and then either when i wake up or i come home. I get error messages and i got disconnected from the internet
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you know why i'm getting these errors?
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attention Bigwebmaster

I'm trying to download it again. If i get any errors. What should i do? What could be the problem? Did you download your Redhat? and what site if you download yours?

Thanks
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I mean are you getting errors when you try to run Go!Zilla? Are you using Go!Zilla? You need to figure out how to use that to download redhat. When you are on a dialup connection things like you are saying are likely to happen. That is why if you use a download manager then if you get cut off, like you are, you can resume where you left off.

So my question to you is, are you now downloading the files using Go!Zilla or another download manager? If you are using it and you are getting those timeout errors, simply resume the download where you left off.

If you aren't using Go!zilla or something else, are you getting erros when you try to run the program? or what is the problem?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a cable connection so I can download them fast. I cannot recall which mirror I used. I really think the problem is your dialup internet connection. A long long time ago when I was on dialup, you would just occassionally get cut off, thats the life you usually deal with on dialups. The reason for this could be many, like noise on your phone line, your ISP, etc.

Anyway I really think all your problems will be solved if you just figure out how to use a download manager to grab the files you need.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attention Bigwebmaster

I got download manager to work but the bad thing about it is. It's splitting the ISO images into 7 or more ISO images. The question for you it. How can i take the ISO images on disc 1 and join them into 1 big ISO. I'm lost on that myself
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I would think that once the download manager downloads everything, it will automatically put it back into one file. I think you just need to wait until it completes downloading. Not positive though.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attiton Bigwebmaster

I have a picture on my yahoo profile. I tryed to copy it and paste it to ozzu.com but it did not work. How can i take my picture and post it in ozzu.com?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Place the image on your server, or possibly Yahoo's server (I am not sure they allow hotlinking though, and if that is the case you would only get an X if you post it here). Anyway once you know your location of the picture use the following code to post it:

Code: [ Select ]
[img]http://www.somesite.com/someimage.jpg[/img]

You can see all the stuff you can do with this forum by going here:

http://www.ozzu.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attention Bigwebmaster

I save my picture to the hard drive. I really don't understand how to do this. Did i do that right? I don't think i did
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well that is fine, after that you need to upload it to some kind of server so that you can allow the image to be served. You will not be able to show the image on our forum, from your hard drive, because there is no way we can access that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 37 posts