Windows Phone 7 Series: Thoughts?

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Windows Mobile is essentially dead, and Microsoft is starting fresh with a new phone OS. Judging by the video and descriptions of what it will be capable of, it actually looks pretty cool:

http://gizmodo.com/5471805/windows-phon ... ferent-now

Thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

So far, I use PCs for PCs, routers for routers & phones for phones. Some people use Linux PCs with iptables for routers & phones for PCs. It could be because I can't see those tiny fonts or it could be because I don't need a PC in my pocket. All that could change but it hasn't yet.
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a iPhone 3Gs 16GB, which I am very happy with,and also my daughter of 3 years of age, she just loves the games :).

I think that MS released that to break into the market place they need to build something that just had everything and things that people was annoyed with regarding the iPhone (e.g. before the latest firmware, I was unable to copy the pictures/movies from the phone without emailing them.. kinder annoying!!)

It is abit like the xbox 360, great hardware, but from what I read it was built at a loss but the games was where MS would get its money back.. I wonder if they are going to do the same, e.g. make it cheap and make money from the applications etc. just like IE against netscape etc. great business sense I suppose, why cannot people just play nicely!!
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to regurgitate a WP7 review I read. "Its got cool features, but is it enough to make anyone care? I doubt it.."

This sounds like another example of MS being a day late and a dollar short. Just like the Zune they sell a few but Apple sells way way more iPods. Unfortunately, I think they waited to long and let others like Apple and Google set the standard for smart phone OS's. Thats going to be hard market share to regain, regardless of how good the actual product is.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

MS maybe a day late but they certainly aren't a dollar short.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

got to say, upgraded my vista laptop to windows 7 a couple of months ago. The performance increase and general use is stellar in comparison to when it ran vista.

It was a free upgrade, god bless university free software :). I wouldn't have paid for the upgrade at all. the gains from windows xp-vista-7 for me have been minimal. the only advantage so far is in usability and the prettyness of the UI.

Oh, and they couldn't really make a mess when improving the windows mobile OS. My god it was terrible. Anything will be an improvement.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts