EA wins worst company in America LOL

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://kotaku.com/5899092/worst-company ... socialflow

well it has finally happened EA got an award that they have really earn, we shall call it the "EA acheviment - Hated by all gamers 100g"
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any company that can produce the garbage that was "C&C 4" deserves this award.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got drunk one night and got C&C 4:TT i had 1 match and deleted it. Worse steam download ever but lolol.

They really do deserve it and they say there is nothing wrong as they think they have 300 million fans that support their games.

hhmm last that google checked there is 6.8 billion people(6,840,507,003) So out of the entire earth only 6.5 billion people hate EA lol
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I too have also disliked them for what they have done to the entire C&C franchise as well as the James Bond video game franchise. GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64 had awesome game play, as soon as they bought the franchise all of their releases were dumb.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64 had awesome game play

This is probably one of the best games i've ever played. I remember being completely stunned at how good the split screen multiplayer was. I think it was one of the first multiplayer games that used that split screen format. It was just a good game.

I did see the C&C game when i downloaded a demo for my xBox a few months ago. I was never interested in buying it though and got bored on the demo. It was not remotely close to the C&C Red Alert game when came out on the first Playstation many years ago.

I don't know if it is because these game companies are ruining the games or if it's because modern day gaming doesn't really compare to the older stuff that i grew up playing when i was younger. With exception to the Football Manager group of games there is nothing new that i consistently play. I did play COD MW3 for a while and loved it, especially online, but it doesn't compare to the original Settlers game, the original Transport Tycoon game or as mentioned already the original Goldeneye game or Command and Conquer Red Alert.

EA do make some good sports games. I'm a big football (soccer) fan and found the FIFA 12 game to be one of the better ones. I believe the NBA and NFL games are supposed to be good also.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone know that golden eye source finished yet, was someone not remaking it in the source engine.

edit

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

woot i know what i am doing today
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yea it was kick ass but there was no campaign just online multi and have not found any bots. The games i did play were fun but too far away from server tho to make any damage but if u had a lan party it would be a great night.
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I first read this and thought "and they deserve it, too," - then switched to "oh, but they must have made some good games," - then I finally came to the realization that I don't know if I even still have any games by EA that I could still have an opinion.

I don't really play any sports games - and definitely don't buy them - and I haven't played any C&C or Bond since Red Alert and Goldeneye 64 (though I've tried out Goldeneye Wii and was actually somewhat impressed - it's a decent adaptation).

I am now totally going to give the Goldeneye Source remake a try, though.

SB wrote:
...the original Transport Tycoon game...

Have you had a chance to play Locomotion? I was pretty hesitant to pick it up - esp. after playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, which was a pretty huge disappointment to me - but I figured I'd trust Chris Sawyer's name and give it a go.

If you haven't played it - you should. It's a fantastic sequel/remake/thing to Transportation Tycoon, with Sawyer's trademark style all over it. The online play isn't bad, either, if you have somebody to play against.

Edit: almost forgot my reason for replying...sheesh...

EA doesn't deserve the label of "worst." Even though they are falling out of fashion, simply by the virtue of them still being around Starforce should be the worst game company. Sure, they don't make games, but their DRM/Copy Protection has screwed up so many games and computes, making them hard to play and locking things up - they should have the award every year until they go out of business.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hob Bramble wrote:
SB wrote:
...the original Transport Tycoon game...

Have you had a chance to play Locomotion? I was pretty hesitant to pick it up - esp. after playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, which was a pretty huge disappointment to me - but I figured I'd trust Chris Sawyer's name and give it a go.

If you haven't played it - you should. It's a fantastic sequel/remake/thing to Transportation Tycoon, with Sawyer's trademark style all over it. The online play isn't bad, either, if you have somebody to play against.

I haven't actually. I may have a look at it as i am a big fan of simulation games, especially ones that are effectively business orientated. As basic as Transport Tycoon was the ideal of turning a business which had a 100k loan debt into one that made profit appealed to me.

Thankfully the original one can still be played through the OpenTTD software and there are people constantly updating files to make the original forumat seem very up-to-date.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

O.k there is a few exceptions now that i think about it but few and very far between.

oh yea i just looked at my game cases and found something strange battlefield 3 has a EA logo on it and it was fun but not overly impressed with it either. But then again they did publish a lot of games and not develop half as much as we think. Either way most is crap lol from EA.

O.k now a few of you have to agree with me on this one..... Need for speed underground 2. I have completed that game 20 times over and i am the drift king lol. Need for speed was a good series till it went next gen then it was just another boring driving game.

around 2000 there was hot pursuit 2 on PC where you could drive as police, that was a great multi-player game experience back then.

Quote:
source: EA page on Wiki

Games in development
2012 release

UEFA Euro 2012 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows)
The Secret World (Windows)
Overstrike (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
NCAA Football 13 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Madden NFL 13 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U)
NBA Live 13 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows)

2013 release

Command & Conquer: Generals 2 (Windows)
SimCity (Windows)

oh no they are making another C and C :(

and sim city oooooooooooo i love sim city lets hope they don't ruin it. please of please don't ruin one of the best games in history EA.

i have been thinking EA contributes as one of them deep pocket company's that are just suits and no brains(nothing new there), but they are funding a lot of publishing so it is one good thing about them i guess.

also they are publishing the secret world too apparently, that i found interesting.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Found a quote from another post worth mentioning.

Quote:
QUOTE | "EA [has] messed up studios, marketing campaigns and beloved franchises (sometimes all at once)."—PopCap co-founder John Vechey, addressing EA's winning the Worst Company in America award by saying the company's not perfect, but no company is.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts