2 women lie about being raped. ( UPDATED > COURT OUTCOME)

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

rape is a tricky tricky subject, for many reasons. one is that women are often shamed and terrified after being assaulted sexually (I mean the ones that really do get assaulted), and it leaves severe trauma. I've experienced a very very mild case of sexual assault - nothing near rape - and it left me absolutely shaken - I was uneasy about walking outside alone for a while. I don't know if a guy can imagine that sort of fear, where you literally are afraid of walking down the street, and jump every time someone turns in your direction.

also sexual assault is infinitely embarrassing, and many victims find it easier to shut up about it than to go through the shame of telling the grueling story again and again to the police, the lawyers, the court...... and being told that they're lying, that they led the guy on, that they really wanted it to happen.... insult to injury, you know.

on the other hand, one of the vicious turns of modern society is this bloody pc business, where suddenly women can do no wrong, and crying 'sexual harassment!' is a cheap way to get back at a guy for stealing your parking space, eating your pretzel or just being annoying. A sexual harassment charge is almost impossible to defend against these days, and even if you're found innocent the dirt sticks. and i despise women who scream 'harassment' for every slightly racy joke or an 'improper look', whatever the heck that may be. and don't even get me started on third-party sexual harassment. that's almost as stupid as preemptive defense.

now why someone would say they were raped when they weren't is beyond me..... I confess I can't be bothered reading the article, so I've no idea why the two of them did it. but it is not only pathetic and ridiculous, it is also extremely harmful to other women (who are less likely to be believed by cops who have had experience of women making up stories like this) and generally just...... sick really.

people do the strangest things sometimes.

ps somewhat relatedly - lots of women like men to be slightly aggressive during sex, and like to feel overpowered. but that again is a very dangerous game to play, because it can turn sour quite easily. you really need to trust someone, and know that they'd never really hurt you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
ps somewhat relatedly - lots of women like men to be slightly aggressive during sex, and like to feel overpowered. but that again is a very dangerous game to play, because it can turn sour quite easily. you really need to trust someone, and know that they'd never really hurt you.

I haven't been this confused since the blind janitor installed the new brail signs on the public restrooms. :scratchhead:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahahahahha! it all really makes sense you see. being pinned against the wall by someone you're in a relationship with can be hot. being pinned against the wall by a total stranger is really frikkin scary.

now beyond that, one plays it by ear....
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your insights, celandine.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/displayN ... eId=151458

She was very lucky. Read this and tell us what you think.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

send her to jail....
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats what I was hoping would happen. She is so lucky.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Quote:

I haven't been this confused since the blind janitor installed the new brail signs on the public restrooms. :scratchhead:

If a woman wants it rough, who's to say she can't go to the police and show them the bruises and scratches and say she was raped?
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Abstinence is the only way for real.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Unemployed Beasley was given a one-year supervision order, 150 hours' unpaid work and must pay £329 compensation to the police forensic science service for wasted tests.

At least she didn't totally get away with it.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I guess. I just think for the amount of time wasted that a 3-6 month prison sentence would have been better. :)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
Yeah I guess. I just think for the amount of time wasted that a 3-6 month prison sentence would have been better. :)

But wouldn't that cost the taxpayers money? :scratchhead:
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will have cost the taxpayers money on the amount of time and resources wasted any way.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

This whole raped/not raped thing reminds me of this movie I saw once. I can't remember the title, "Wild" something I think, it had Denise Richards and Neve Campbell. If I remember right, doing a google search for that might be a NSFW thing to do.

But the basic story was: this rich girl was pissed off at her parents, the same as with this poor girl. And their guidance counselor at their school helped them hatch this plan for the two of them to say he raped them, and somehow all three of them would get rich quick when they came clean in the courtroom and admitted they were lying about him raping them. I don't remember exactly how their scheme worked.

EDIT: I remember the name of the movie...it's Wild Things.
  • Pauls
  • Pauls

Post 3+ Months Ago

yer i agree with penguin it is just a waste of time and money she is very luckly to escape a jail sentence.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 45 posts