Women VS men

• BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if these have been posted before or know, but lets find out??

what do you think women are smarter than women or the opposite??
in general??and why?

(((please don't give any horrible examples?)))

i am interest to see some thoughts, it would be really interesting if we have some who have studied sociology??
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL!!! "women are smarter than women or the opposite"?

I'm sorry amer, but that is hillarious!

I assume you mean, "Do you think women are smarter than men, or do you think that the opposite is true?"

;)
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

uhh in general I belive women ARE smarter then women, unless of course the women have a better education, in which case I would have to say Women, however Women to learn faster then Women, so it's kind of a tie up

In General I belive that it depends on the Women
and that it should be argued case by case

It also depends on what kind of intelgence?
are we taking about:
music
math
science
languages

there is more than 1 way to be smart
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia thanks for the correction, it seems me that i have to get some relax, it quite late? and it was a long day?

yes i meant, what do u think women are smarter than men or the opposite?

sorry for that mistake?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No worries man!

I don't think you can apply general attributes to any logical group of people, and have it be true.

Intelligence is a very indiviualistic trait and is not very definable, in any case. It occurs in men, women, short people, tall people, fat people, thin people, white people, brown people, red people, yellow people...ad infinitum.

Therefore, I think the question is moot. :)

IMHO
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the only thing I would have to add on dM's post it that all humans are created equal EXCEPT for PURPLE PEOPLE, and all purple people should go to the ash pits where they belong
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think we can all agree on that.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have read in some researches, that women are smarter than men, biological, but men uses there brain more??

am not sure if its true or now?

i am suppose to make some research, thats way i have asked the question???

thanks any way for your ideas..

amer
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

and i think the reason for that, because men, since the past used to have more space than women..
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Eve, Ate the fruit.
Adam, Would have eaten the snake.
Any Questions? :lol:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adam woulda what? ;)
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, saying that men or women are 'more' intelligent implies several things:

1. Intelligence can be defined as a single variable (as in IQ scores). This was the commonly held view in the 1950's, but since then a more valid way of thinking about it has been that of "specific intelligences" (google that for your research). One might score high on a test that tests say verbal intelligence, but poorly on a test of say spatial intelligence. In general IQ tests are thought to examine one's ability to manipulate numbers, but the extent to which that means anything is debatable.

2. More intelligent refers to the population as a whole (ie. you say more intelligent "on average") It goes "lies, damned lies, and statistics". It is generally thought that on average women are better at verbal reasoning, and short term memory, and on average men are better at spatial reasoning, but that does not by itself mean that you can conclude that every man (or every member of whatever population you look at) is better at x (type of intelligence) than every individual of whatever other population you look at (such as women).

That said, there's been a fair amount of research done on sex differences, and sorry no I won't do your research for you. Try a Pubmed search.

Good luck. :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Adam woulda what? ;)

:lol: I knew that was comming, I almost added "Unless AXE was adam" but figured I'd let it play out.
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe men and women are equally intelligent (or equally stupid, depending on your level of cynicism). we just use different methodologies for arriving at our desired ends?

i think women think men are stupid because we don't think about the world the way they do. men think women are stupid because they don't think about the world the way we do. but i think i have an awful lot to learn about how to think about things from a woman, and i KNOW women could stand to learn a thing or two from men :lol:

kind of two sides of the same coin, if you ask me. the species survived this long, so both sexes must be doing something right!

mark
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive seen research and wemon are not more intelligent then more or vice versa it all depends subject there are some dumbass ppl out there regardless of gender but in an instance were two poeple of the opiset sex had comparable inteligence wemon would be more verbally inclined to read and talk etc. were as men lean more towards sciences maths and technologicle fields. a good example of this is walk into a colldge level physics with calsulus class in a highschool and you might have one girl and 19 guys walk into a colledge level english class and the field leans the other way all in all lies in the person i think
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to have an ex-girlfriend that loved that topic. This lead to a number of interesting side-effects including my learning to use a sewing machine and her failed drunken attempt to write her name in the snow. (Yes... laugh hard! It was extremely funny!!!)

Oddly enough, the sewing skills came in handy in Toronto. A few years back some friends were crashing at my hotel on King Street. Since they were staying elsewhere, they didn't pack spare clothes. Shortly before hitting the town, a friend split his pant. He was very surprised to discover hotels carried emergency sewing kits and I knew how to use one (I didn't loose too many arguements with that girl I dated!).
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually belive The Theory of Idiocy may shine light on this:

this theory states that:
-Stupid until proven intelligent

Basically, for every smart person there is about 1,000 stupid people.
The smart people make inventions and dumb people try to use them.
In the beginning this worked EX: smart people made pointy sticks, dumb people threw pointy sticks
but as technology becomes more advanced the problems start
EX: Smart person invents Nuclear Physics, dumb people cause explosions

Now I blame technology overcoming the dumb people on 2 things
-The printing press
-The internet
These two inventions allowed smart people to exchange ideas and create more inventions faster.
And this means that they are coming to fast for the dumb people to catch up.

In conclusion:
1 in 1,000 people are smart
these individuals can be women or men
The rest of use are retards

Next point:
Quote:
kind of two sides of the same coin, if you ask me. the species survived this long, so both sexes must be doing something right!

And the thing we did right was valentines day.
  • natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

IH8Purple wrote:

that's gotta be the nicest thing I've ever "heard" you say IH8Purple. Are you feeling ok? :wink:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know. i think it depends on the person really.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

natural_angel33 wrote:
IH8Purple wrote:

that's gotta be the nicest thing I've ever "heard" you say IH8Purple. Are you feeling ok? :wink:

ohy that was in response to how humans have been around so long...
without valintimes day would the human population be as large?
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah we would probably celebrate global mardi gras :shock:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't offer an opinion until the spelling in this thread changes significantly. You guys are killing me! *lol -- Could some of you please locate the SpellCheck button when you post and use it! Some of what I've been reading here is absolutely atrocious!
  • natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

IH8Purple wrote:
ohy that was in response to how humans have been around so long...
without valintimes day would the human population be as large?

ahh... I see... well, actually I don't but now at least you sound like yourself! :D
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I can't offer an opinion until the spelling in this thread changes significantly. You guys are killing me! *lol -- Could some of you please locate the SpellCheck button when you post and use it! Some of what I've been reading here is absolutely atrocious!

o yeah well guess what the speeeelllllchecker wont work for me !!! it used to :( so untli yuo wlii haff to guess
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:

Hey I made my entire Theory of Idiocy with only a few spelling mistakes,
and I got them with the spell cheacker before I sent the thing out
That is like a record for me :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*smiles - for the record, keep in mind I didn't single out, or point the finger at any individual. There are spelling issues all over the place in this thread (and elsewhere for that matter).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts