Voting Chart

Total votes : 15

Will World Of Warcraft be the greatest ever?

Poll ended at May 28th, 2004, 6:22 pm.

•  
    TOTALLY!
  •  
    Yeah, it'll be good.
  •  
    Naw.....
  •  
    NO WAY!!!!
  •  
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

World Of Warcraft

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that this is a tech support forum and all, but I mean....COMMON!

Is anyone nearly as excited about this game as me?
Ive got a feeling that when it comes out, that all of my waking moments will be spent emmersing myself in all its glory. What do ya'll think? Lookin good or is there somthin even better comin soon?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

There was a post aboutthis game a while back.
But the reason I probably won't be playing is the cost. It's goning to be like $80 out the door and another $10-$20 a month to play online. You can only play single player for so long, and the driving force behind Blizzard's games are the easy to use fun multiplaer aspect. (which is free for all there other games)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have actually heard that it may be free to play online, but I dont know how acurate that is. The graphics of the game are staggering though.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

After all Blizzard did to the bnetd guys, I'm not even gonna look at this game.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

axe, that isn't the first time you commented on what blizzard did to bnet....what do you mean?

If there isn't a subscription I would definately get it....I will never play a subscription game no matter how addictive the game is. I played lineage 2 when it was beta, highly addictive and fun, I miss it...but I ain't paying
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

yup, somebody else mentioned this game too..

Basically bnetd was an OpenSource piece of software. An alternative to the battle.net service, as battle.net was prone to cheaters, lag, and all kinds of other crappy problems.

A few people abused bnetd and modified the source to get it to work with the Warcraft3 Beta (not the bnetd guys' fault - they had nothing to do with it), so Blizzard took the bnetd guys to court, and basically got them severely screwed over - for no reason other than their own greed.

http://www.eff.org/IP/Emulation/Blizzard_v_bnetd/
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

At first I thought I would have agreed to blizzards move, but those open source developers should not have been the ones that where sued, It should have been whoever had modified it
  • Cervanus
  • Cervanus
  • Loc: TN, M'Boro

Post 3+ Months Ago

have u guys seen the movies they made warcraft starcraft and uuuhhh something but they r all by blizzard and they r good movies CG :)
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, Im on my REALLY TERRIBLE comp atm, even the WoW movies lag for me. Im on WoW beta atm, I cant play untill my new parts come in to set up a decent comp. Im afraid if I run WoW on this 175 mhz comp it will explode :shock:
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol! When you get beat running, tell me how it is. I wasnt able to attain a copy :(
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I've seen it looks really good, the elves have to long ears though.

What i think is bad about it atm is that the beta test is US-only and if youre from europe like me you cant play a stable version and continue play wityh the same character that you played with earlier.

there are some WoWcams that some ppl have so u can see what it looks like when playing(taking a screenie every 10th secound or so). can get the url later when Im at home.
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

[puKKa.quote the elves have to long ears though]

if thats the only problem sounds good, im a fan of starcraft though, warcraft isn't as good in my opinion.[/quote]
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, Starcraft is insane. It is still played by over half the people on B.net. WarcraftIII was awsome though. The normal game play was cool, but the DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) was awsome.

O yeah, whats wrong with elves having pointy ears? I thought they all did.........
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I play my starcraft cd everynow and again, never played BW though. I think they really need to come out with SC2 though.

I was watching something on G4tv that had the top ten online games and SC came in at 6.

The problem with bnet is that it gets hacked really easily
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, and there are way to many message bots. But its ok if you have a private channel with some friends. I just hope that they dont make starcraft with the sane graphics as WarCraft III. Warcraft has always had less units and more strategy, and Starcraft has always been on a larger scale. I dont want another Warcraft clone. But, I have faith in Blizzard! :)
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Smokenjoe wrote:
Yeah, Starcraft is insane. It is still played by over half the people on B.net. WarcraftIII was awsome though. The normal game play was cool, but the DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) was awsome.

O yeah, whats wrong with elves having pointy ears? I thought they all did.........

they should have pointy ears, but not ears that are like half a meter long...

man I cant find the url to that WoWcam I wached before :(
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gnome ears arent pointy or nething, just ridiculously large. The game's graphics are unchallenged by any online game out atm, but the gameplay is still to be decided. Tomorrow I should b getting everything I need to set up a new comp and will have to DL Beta 2 all over again (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: ).

//btw, there are many ways u can play WoW (non beta), u cant play on official blizzard servers tho, if u catch my drift :roll:
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol. Do you know of a way I can get it? Im not the well "connected." I used to be, but my internet was down for a while and then everything was gone. It would be cool if I could get my hands on a beta or somthin.

O, I like the ears being long. I don't know, I think it makes em look sorta pronounced. Every race has somthin that makes em' look really different. Orcs have insanely huge mouths and horns, Humans have insanely bulky armor and hands. I geuss the night elves just have long ears! :lol:
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll hit u with some PM's, I dont want this getting mixed up in the public forums.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, ok kool. thx
  • bboy69
  • Born
  • Born
  • bboy69

Post 3+ Months Ago

another starcraft would be good! i played wc3:frozen throne religiously!
gonna enter the world cyber games at the end of the year, should be good!
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, wc3 was fun, but I got tired of playing with all the noobs after a while and quite. I might have to start playing again this summer! :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I caught a nice review from x-play yesterday...looks pretty good and beutiful. Definately a whole diffrent game
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend keeps telling me to shutup about WoW and get hooked on Everquest. Is he right? I havent been able to look at any WoW previews, because my computer wont run them for some reason. I actually looked at one, but it wasnt much.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

wait till everquest 2 comes out
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seriously? That really bums me out. I geuss I'll have to play a free version of them both and see which one I like better. I normally just ignore my friend (he complains a lot about Blizzard, and any other company for that matter) when it comes to games, but if you say so...... I am an aved fan of Blizzard, but if Everquest is supposedly better, I'll try it out. Tanks for the input. Might save me some money! :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hell, I am sure youll have some freinds that will have one of each or both....Some major cities have places for just playing lan games and such....You know, check them out, then decide. I don't think it will matter either way, cause I am sure they are all real fun
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah. lol. Its not as if my destiny were decided by this! *snicker*
Ill just try em both, and will most likely get addicted to both and loose my job, friends, family etc.
:lol:
  • Willy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Willy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
After all Blizzard did to the bnetd guys, I'm not even gonna look at this game.

What did they do?
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

He explained. Blizzard sued the crap outa them when they technically didnt do anything wrong.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 38 posts