Wrist Watch and Wrist Band

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a $90 wrist watch at wal*mart (Might have to return due to bugs later :lol: ) and the wrist watch is too big. Is there any ideas on how I could make it smaller?

The wrist band is metallic and has those metallic rectangular pieces... if you know what I mean...

The picture could be found at the official Casio watches site. Thanks for any ideas :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess my first question is why did you buy it if it was too big?

As far as altering it, I would imagine that any respectable jewelery store, or watch maker could alter it for you, but most likely would charge you at least half the price of the watch, or you could just simply return it at walmart (who has a good return policy) and get one that fits.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

This was the only one that looked good and the Wave Ceptor thing kind of interested me into it.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know exactly what you mean when you say it's too big. The watch by standard is actually always going to have a big strap. If you look at the strap you will see the "metallic rectangle things" also known as links can be removed individually so as to allow you to choose what size you want the strap to be.

If you look at the links you'll see that there is a pin holding in each link, these can be removed easily then placed back in when the appropriate amount of links has been removed. If you are uncomfortable doing this yourself then a jeweler will probably do it for you for a very small fee. Most stores here though will ask if you want links removed so i imagine it will be much the same in America.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Typically Wal-Mart's jewelry dept. will do this for you at little to no charge. If you take your receipt to show that you just purchased it there, they might be more inclined to lean towards the latter.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember back in high school those shiny stainless steel Fossil brand watches were all the rage. Either everybody had toothpick arms and were too stupid to get the watch resized to them, or it was fashionable to wear them big like that.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wal*Mart did it for free to me.

I know about those links and the pins that hold them... I just couldn't get those pins to get out... and I pushed on both sides of the pin with a safety pin... the safety pin broke :(
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ouch! When you say that the safety pin broke in my head I pictured this sharp pin stabbing you in the finger.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Ouch! When you say that the safety pin broke in my head I pictured this sharp pin stabbing you in the finger.

Oh, the pin only bent and didn't break in half. I was trying to be careful :D
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

With a cell phone do you find yourself needing a watch?
I haven't worn one in years, but prior to having a cellphone had one every day.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel naked without my watch, and I don't have a cell phone because there is no reception around here. But even when I did have my cell phone, I still wore my watch just out of habit.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a BlackBerry and still wear a watch. I don't feel like reaching for my phone every time I need to check the time. To me that just seems dumb.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I typically don't care to wear one unless we're heading out into town for the evening or something of that nature. If I'm just going to work, then chances are I'm staring at a computer screen with date/time on it or I'm in the car with a clock. Besides that, I can't stand for my watch to clunk over/into the keyboard, so I take it off when I need to work.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I have a BlackBerry and still wear a watch. I don't feel like reaching for my phone every time I need to check the time. To me that just seems dumb.

Completely agree with you here.

My watch strap has been unclipping quite a bit recently and only the slightest knock on it will cause it to undo itself. This is kinda annoying yet i still would rather wear a watch than nothing at all. Besides, the watch i have right now was about £70 brand new 5 years ago so relatively pricey object to have laying around doing nothing.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:

I just now noticed after rereading this thread... it would by mighty painful if the pin broke in my head :lol:
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

The thing I hate the most though is when buying a good watch.. I have a bulova but of course, one time your arm scrapes the door and there are scratches in the glass... so annoying. Even with the old fossil it just annoyed me to see those scratches.

If it wasn't for the scratches I'd still wear one.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate that too. The only way you can see scratches on mine though is if you look for them in the glare of light. I try to keep from scratching it.

Although I fell asleep in class one day and while I was asleep I but in a few good scratches on the glass. Argh!
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

On my 16th birthday I got my 17th watch, it broke that same day. Never wore a watch again until my 21st. It's handy not having to look at my phone, plus having a sexy expensive watch adds class. ;p

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts