Yay! I hope this works. (Linux!)

• David
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • David

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank god!

I've actually found a program which lets you run multiple OS when your actually logged in.

I love the creators of this program!!
Thank god i can let the program create me the partition without me screwing it all up :P :P

I'm so happy lol :D
Well, i hope it'll all work once it's installed he he..
I also installed another copy of Windows XP PRO on here aswell... very intresting.. I'll try not to overload my 40GB hardrive on my laptop!

Well i thought you might want a screenshot..
Let me just resize it for you all...

here ya go.

:wink: Image
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

isn't that just like an emulator or something? Surely running linux and windows at the same time is gonna slow everything down? :?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's just WMVware...

To be honest though, why would you want to? :D
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Woah, talk about clash of the titans
  • Talos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldnt imagine wanting to run linux while in windows it would have to slow you down a lot. I personally try not to run windows at all but at times i need too. I run windows xp but duel boot with suse linux and thats what I use the most. Once I learn it enough I wont run windows at all. On my laptop that im on now i run nothing but suse linux and the more I use it the more I like it. But i wouldnt recommend running it from inside windows. not that this post meant anything just an opinion or i guess trying to understand why you would run it in windows.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

well congratulations david, let us know how it turns out! Is this the first time that you have used linux?
  • Talos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

after reading my above post I hope i didnt come off a little mean, I think its great when you find a program or trick to do something you like. it is the first time i have seen linux running inside windows, guess i was just trying to use the jedi mind trick to get you to use linux only :) sorry if i came off wrong.
  • David
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • David

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac,

Yeah, it is my first time using linux..
Very exciting aswell..

Well i've got to get used to it now.
And hopefully may install it on another PC.

It seems fun :o)

Well theres a reply.

david.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, good. that is probably a good way to get familiar with it befor you start repartitioning your harddrive. Keep in mind like the others have said that once you do install it, it will run way more faster. have fun
  • Digital Statix
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: boca_raton.fl.us

Post 3+ Months Ago

Talos wrote:
after reading my above post I hope i didnt come off a little mean, I think its great when you find a program or trick to do something you like. it is the first time i have seen linux running inside windows, guess i was just trying to use the jedi mind trick to get you to use linux only :) sorry if i came off wrong.

What's really good about vmware is that it has a linux version!!!! so for someone who has no use for a windows partition can load windows without having to keep that krap on a partition...

i had the opportunity to use the software on a win2k advanced server machine that we (were really bored) loaded redhat and bound the nic's together, the best was a laptop we had laying around, p2 don't remember the ram, running redhat 7.2 i think but we wanted to have a system to be able to quickly switch from win 95/98/me/2kpro for "support" bla bla bla the best part is that it emulated the bios creating a true virtual machine, able to boot, shutdown, and suspend to save time when switching machines. and vmware will bind (if you want) all the hardware, disk drives, network cards, just about anything to the virtual machine....

umm sry didn't mean to write a software review... lol
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, nice....so I could run windows on VMware and keep a whole linux partition then? How well does windows run on VMW?
  • Digital Statix
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: boca_raton.fl.us

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
hey, nice....so I could run windows on VMware and keep a whole linux partition then? How well does windows run on VMW?

I don't rember how much it takes to get it going but it runs best fullscreen, in fullscreen on a p3 it would run like windows... ha.. good but still no where neer as fast as linux, it creates a "swap file" per say, to hold the entire contents of the machine, we even triggered the bsod, and then shut down the machine and linux (or whatever your using) and vmware keep on working fine :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts