10 years ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not alot of people will forget what happened on this day 10 years ago. Despite not being American the day will stick in my mind due to the sheer horror of what I was witnessing on TV.

Can you remember what you did on September 11th 2001?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was sleeping at my dads house after working night shift. He woke me up and told me to watch the news.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was entering the Lincoln tunnel having just driven through lower Manhattan minutes earlier at around 8:35 AM. Had I looked into my rear view mirror, I might have seen the first plane.

Fortuitous that I happen to go the airport early to rent the car I intended to use to drive to New Jersey to visit family. 30 min later and that would not have been the case.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was at school... I came home from school and that's when my older brother told me what happened.

Then in the afternoon when the whole family got together, we were online reading the news.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

September 11th 2001, I was attached to the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit out of Camp LeJeune, NC. We were getting ready to deploy to the Mediterranean on the 22nd, one of the Marines in my unit ran in saying that a plan flew into one of the towers. Then we heard about the second one. The rest of the day was spent getting our gear ready as fast as we could and then waited on word about whether or not we were going to New York to provide security and help dig the bodies out. Luckily we were spared that and instead were sent to Afghanistan to kick ass.

Semper Fi to all my fallen brothers and sisters. I will never forget.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was in my high school first period freshman physical science class. The teacher used this one website with animations as a visual aid and when he got online he showed us that a plane "accidently" hit the first tower. There was this kid in my class was an airplane nut and he spoke up and said it was no accident, airliners don't just run into buildings like that. Then a little while later the teacher got online again and confirmed that the kid was right because a second plane hit the second tower.
  • ArthurM8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Driving thru the campus of Michigan State University at the time while on my way to work. Sad day in American History in many many ways.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was in bed sleeping and was woke up by my friend Adam who called and told me to turn on the TV immediately. I remember turning the TV on half asleep and couldn't believe what was happening.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was 15 years old at the time and had a very naive understanding of what was happening when i was first told something had happened in New York. I was picked up from my mum outside school and on the way home the exact words she said "Something is happening in New York". I replied with something sill which i won't repeat, however when i got home i just couldn't believe what i was seeing. I had only just missed the aircraft hitting the second tower and was home in time to hear my brother (who worked in my dads office situated next door to the family home) trying to establish what was happening.

The day will never be forgotton to me because it was the first time i realised how messed up some people can be. I never really truly appreciated how angry some people can be, and never thought this sort of thing was capable outside of movies.

I still remember very clearly how i thought on the day, i remember watching the news coverage for the rest of the day and thinking "is this some sort of movie footage?". It was such a big thought because i never wanted to believe this was possible.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
September 11th 2001, I was attached to the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit out of Camp LeJeune, NC. We were getting ready to deploy to the Mediterranean on the 22nd, one of the Marines in my unit ran in saying that a plan flew into one of the towers. Then we heard about the second one. The rest of the day was spent getting our gear ready as fast as we could and then waited on word about whether or not we were going to New York to provide security and help dig the bodies out. Luckily we were spared that and instead were sent to Afghanistan to kick ass.

Semper Fi to all my fallen brothers and sisters. I will never forget.

MARINE! My best friend is with the SEALs, just re-upped. Dad was in the Air Force as well, so I have much respect for our .mil brothers and sisters.

I walked out to the bus stop in the morning, heard some people talking about it, thought it was a video game. Got to school just in time for them to send us home. Got home and finally realized the seriousness of the situation.

Attachments:
911-ava.jpg

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts