yes it's a network problem !

• clares_law
  • clares_law

Post 3+ Months Ago

sometime ago someone close to me set up this net work and it worked just fine the server set web page's to every pc on the net work and any problems this someone fixed it first time everytime. Now this person has passed away :( and for the last mouth her network went on just fine :-) but now it's stopped working :!: and I need some help getting it going again ples. :-)

how it work's from what i can tell is the pc's all get to the net thu. analog'x proxy server ;-) and this is working i'm sure of that as msn messanger , yahoo messanger and trillian can all get to the net and logon just fine :-) but this is where the problems start !
netscape and ie will not load a page instead returning error 404 or page can not be displayed after making you wait about 4 min's ! All the pc's can see the other pc's just fine and can send files just fine. if you need more info ple's ask...........thank's

network server is.......
fujitsu siemens p4 2.5 gh.s
windows xp sp1
two lancards (both working just fine)
ntl broadband internet modem

slave 1 (lan cable)
marshalls p2 200
windows 98

slave 2 (wireless)
acer ? laptop
windows 95 (!)

all had internet running thu. the sever is loading pages but just the computer on the network that have just stopped loading webpage's :-(
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

have you set up the proxy server address in the Netscape / IE settings?
  • clares_law
  • clares_law

Post 3+ Months Ago

Q. have you set up the proxy server address in the Netscape / IE settings?

A. yes, this network was working just fine, both slave's load web page's just fine, then friday night pop both of the slave's stop load web page's,
just web page's thu. everything else is still working just fine :?:
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't recommend screwing with it too much if everything else is working, but I personally would use proxy plus. I used AnalogX for a short period but it crashed whenever something simple that happened a lot happened (trouble is i can't remember exactly what it was).

Anyways, in AnalogX, is the button that says "HTTP" down/highlighted?

If the PC running as the server runs Windows XP, I don't mind setting up a remote assistance session to see if I can fix it.
  • clares_law
  • clares_law

Post 3+ Months Ago

:oops: :oops: sorry ie was set up to use wrong proxy server :oops: :oops: 162.xx.xx.xx not 192.xx.xx.xx sorry for being silley like that :)
  • myemailaccount
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • myemailaccount
  • Loc: North of Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok because i was going to say just call the company the usally have a systems support but nvm then
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

analogX is a website that provides a lot of great free software tools for windows.

If anyones interested their address is http://analogx.com/

But anyways, i don't think they have a support department on account of the fact that ll their software is free.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts