You know you are a success when...

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

...you can afford to decline $250 million a year to stay on as a judge on American Idol. This is the figure reported that Simon Cowell was offered to stay on as a judge beyond this year. For some reason he feels his X Factor show (which has been a huge hit in the UK) will be just as big if not bigger and because he owns the rights to the show he would end up making more money as a result.

If you were a poor guy who had just inherited or earned $250 million right now, what would you do with it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pay off our debts (2 credit cards totalling about $9000, 2 auto loans, and a student loan) then go out and buy some land and build an off grid house, build a work shop and stock it with plenty of tools and start my business I've been daydreaming about for over a year, buy a full size truck to pull the airstream travel trailer my wife bought before we were married, and then put the rest in a good high interest yielding savings account. I think just to keep from getting too bored I would keep my day job, or at least find something I like doing a lot more, and do it part time. And I think I would charter a private jet to fly us down to Austin where my wife is from and spend a couple weeks or a month or two there because she really misses it.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
If you were a poor guy who had just inherited or earned $250 million right now, what would you do with it?

After paying off debts, setting up trust funds for the kids, etc., I can honestly say, I don't know. I guess I would have the financial means to think about it for a while, though. :)
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Start some kind of foundation.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pork rinds. Lots and lots of pork rinds.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I figure the interest on that would be an income of at least of 2 million dollars a year.

I'd live on that interest for a few years. I figure by then my lifestyle will have re-stabilized and I can think about doing something productive with a large chunk of it.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

A couple months ago my wife and I were doing some math, and if we didn't have the loans and credit card payments each month, we would be living on a little more than a thousand dollars a month. Our grocery bills are usually only $70 or $80 a week but are dropping because we're cooking more from scratch instead of buying prepared foods. My jeep drinks gas like its beer so that costs us about $50 a week to drive, our only big expense is rent and thats less than $500, so with the other stuff we could get by with both of us just working part time. And we could work part time even easier if we had the public option part of the health care bill. Of course when we have kids thats going to be different because rug rats and curtain climbers are expensive, so one of us (probably me) would have to work full time then, but other than that we live incredibly frugal and $250 million would be way more than enough to spend the rest of our lives enjoying life, especially with monthly interest.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

250 million one-dollar coins has got to look cool strewn about in a room with a treasure chest and a fake skeleton.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
250 million one-dollar coins has got to look cool strewn about in a room with a treasure chest and a fake skeleton.

When reading that i can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwH1taatvyM

(used to watch this all the time when i was younger).
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buy Obama.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Duck Tales what one of my favorite shows to watch after school when I was younger as well.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd probably build or buy a few houses and sell or rent them out to get a steady monthly cash flow, then invest half of what's left into stock market, and the rest would go into ridiculous and outlandish possessions.
  • LINE71X
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • LINE71X

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyfrin wrote:
Buy Obama.

I wonder what obama usually eats for dinner :?:
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buy a few houses for friends and family, cars etc.. have a massive s*** load of computer stuff and electronics and build cars/motorbikes.. go on holidays with my wife and child .. travel..tons and tons and tons of stuff.. where is that national lottery ticket machine.. I feel lucky this weekend :).
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Duck tales, ooohweeeeoooh !

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts