Do you think she should win?

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I am not sure how many have seen America has got talent, And Britian's got talent. But http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BLEHQgDtNE

Watch that, I found this touching, Do you think she should win?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you found it touching because injected other peoples' reactions that influenced you. If they had just kept the camera on the singer and not used the applause sign in the middle of the song to manipulate the audience, you would have judged the performance on her talent and nothing else. I didn't even mention the introduction.

It was one big sales pitch and it's working. I personally know singers who are far better than she is.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah thats true. To be honest I did not think of it like that. Wow the TV is pretty fake :(
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

It sure is fake. Besides that, I cant't watch music shows on TV because the technical directors insist on making the camera jump all over the place instead of focusing on the artist. If I ever meet one of them, I am certainly going to ask them why.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

These types of shows have things like this all the time. There tends to be at least one a week, the first week we had the boy at the end who was bullied at school. What a great great voice he had though!

The program makers try and make the most of the footage they have by blowing it up to make it look more dramatic and tear jerking. You will more than likely get something funny at the beginning of the program then they will put some of the boring and not so good bits immediately after but only for a few moments before showing you something else that will excite the viewer. They do that throughout the program and then towards the end there will be a really happy story, one that will make you feel good for seeing it therefore making the television program something you'd want to see next week.

I can't fault what they show as it does make for good television sometimes, but i try and not get too into the whole drama of it as at the end of the day it's more or less all blown up to emphasise a certain point.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are correct SB, those shows do that all the time and that's why I don't watch them. In fact, I don't watch TV at all.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
You are correct SB, those shows do that all the time and that's why I don't watch them. In fact, I don't watch TV at all.

I very seldom watch TV too. I think it's more when the news is on i'll watch it, but even that is a load of crap. The other day the main article on the news was our ex-depute prime minister announcing he has had an eating disorder while in office. During the footage they had clips of him holding and reading his new autobiography. Meanwhile here in Scotland there is a massive oil refinery closing down due to strike action and people are panic buying petrol... kinda important to have reassurance on the news for things like this and not a massive advert for a politician who isn't of any importance anymore.

I'm 22 and can only dream of what life was once like when people didn't care as much about money and publicity. Will it get any better over the coming years? i doubt it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No SB, I doubt it will get better. People would get more selfish (probably) and would want more publicity and fame and whatnot... it would be "Hey, look at me. I'm rich and I have power."

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts