Your current project

• Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is working on at the moment.

I am currently finishing my website Wedding-Designs It seems to be never ending!
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

New discussion board as i now have a new host !
Still under construction.
:D
Quote:
It seems to be never ending!
well yes, i imagine it would be tone lolol so much detail to a wedding! good luck with that tone.
suzie.
:)
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Working on my website

http://www.nuinspiration.tk

Got some good suggestion in the review area that Im taking into consideration! Thanx for all who reviewed! Any more suggestions let me know
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We just basically canned a company that was trying to do a project. Now I need to figure out if I have enough knowhow to pull data information from a motor repair test, plug it into a SQL database, allow the test administrator to dictate what can be viewed and what can't at any given time, and then allow the customers to see the results online securely. Bugger is, I understand the process but don't know enough about the code!
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow. I can tell you now I wont be much help at all :shock:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the data is a text delimited file format for the test data. It's easy enough to import. The original company was trying to do it with .NET and XML, but it could probably be done with Access as well. The problem is I'm just a novice at learning the three above mentioned. So now I need to go and find someone who can do it quickly at about the same price.

For the record, and advice for designers, this company lost this contract because they simply wouldn't return phone calls or respond to emails.

It's one thing if you say you can do a job and then realise after-the-fact you can't, but to not respond to a simple request for a five minute phone conversation for a progress update is unacceptable in any business.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm working on Pixel Acres. That place is the whole reason there haven't been any competitions lately ;).
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

atno, with all that to go configure lol ill be sure not to bother you with any pm's lmaooooo
You sure work yourself solid, don't know how you learn all the stuff you know !
suzie.
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Iam working on http://www.stolenkingdoms.net/v1 Thats my lastest work. The links DO NOT work yet. It will be my portfolio. Hope you like it...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Suzie...there's a country singer that said "Life's a dance...you learn as you go"...I'll let you google that to figure out which one *lol
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, i've figured it out
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rat wrote:
lol, i've figured it out

*grins I thought it was appropriate for the post and appropriate for OZZU.

I know it from memory and who does it, because I sometimes Karioke it. I was just curious who could find it first and spill the beans.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uhm, several actually.

Ramping up for Wimbledon, National Innovation Initiative architecture, a broad-scope customer application/backend requirement and a complete redesign of our entire monitoring system.

Oh, and I have to dig through scads of data which our sec team thinks may have been a failed hack attempt.

Slow month. ;)

ugh.

Cheers.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

John Michael Montgomery, the song is called Lifes a Dance from his greatest hits album. Did i get that right???? do I win?? DO I??? DO I????? LOL just kidding
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

atno, Now wait a minute !!!

My sis has a record shop, and she never heard of them..are they foreign or what !!
suzie.
**back on topic what you working on **
8)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol at SharkShark. Yep. Spot on!

Daemonguy. I feel bad...I forgot our old conversations about Tennis. It might be appropriate to provide a link again. I don't think any mods here would mind. In fact, if I recall correctly our board owner Bigwebmaster enjoys tennis too...although I don't recall seeing him involved much last year.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right now I've got two main projects on the go..

http://www.photosapien.com - a photography forum in its very early stages. The theme's barely even begun modification yet, heh.

http://www.unrealsector.com - This is a site based around the Unreal family of games (most specifically Unreal Tournament 2004, as it's the most recent one).
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

suzie wrote:
atno, Now wait a minute !!!

My sis has a record shop, and she never heard of them..are they foreign or what !!
suzie.
**back on topic what you working on **
8)

Like Rat said -- John Michael Montgomery. "Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow, don't worry 'bout what you don't know, life's a dance you learn as you go..."

"Back on topic". I just need to figure out how I can get this database info queried right and save it and get the appropriate users the ability to access it and I'll be fine. So in essense since I know that project at the moment is beyond my skills, I guess to answer the original question is ...My current project is to find somebody who can at a non-outrageous price.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh me!?

well, redesigning http://www.inucleo.co.uk
sorting http://www.inucleo.co.uk/forum 's out
making a few wallpapers
and enjoying life :D

lol

good luck everyone
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, right now i have two going...

http://www.animenobaka.com - site about anime (duh), theres four of us working on it theoretically, but only 1 other person and myself have done any real work on it in the past month... *shakes fist at other two* GET BACK TO WORK!

the other one is an internal site for my school... the ulitmate goal is to have a site to pull up on all the computers in the lab for open houses and such so parents can see the students work and such... and also to force the sctudents to FTP stuff over to a server so they have a better idea of file structures and stuff... they just dont seem to understand if you change the name of the file, and dont change it in their code too, the bloody thing wont work...

theres also a third project that is completely unrelated to web design... STUDYING FOR THE DAMN APs! argh... i hate it... i have 3 of them :(
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tone2k11 wrote:
Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is working on at the moment.

I am currently finishing my website Wedding-Designs It seems to be never ending!

wow thats a really nice design :thumbsup:

Currently I'm working on a computer security CD which is nearly finished, just have to test it by some everyday users and those who know they are doing and then it will be put on cd and sold :D
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

working on my site: http://2hwp.vze.com

Project: 2HWP movie (Yes I know it was supposed to be finished moons ago)

Side Project: Eyes: A case study (Trying to creat an eye, that can blink, easiy enough, but I am making it so that I can reuse it over and over again, ajusting details like pupil size, iris colour, lash lenth, thickness and #, etc)
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

IH8purple, thats menu is very cool love it !!

Calendae, i guess is working on the project..its a 404.

Axe, will you be keeping the little people at the top in the banner, the ones with the cameras..very cute.

Good luck atno.
Suzie.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

lmao at IH8Purple!!!!!

I've been working on a site for a local charity called service 6, which I doing for free because I'm oh-so-nice :D. It's been going on for a month or so now and I've really got nowhere due to a lack of communication and time :lol:

It's starting to get somewhere now and I'l post an link when I get round to spending my pennies on a PHP server :)
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
*lol at SharkShark. Yep. Spot on!

Daemonguy. I feel bad...I forgot our old conversations about Tennis. It might be appropriate to provide a link again. I don't think any mods here would mind. In fact, if I recall correctly our board owner Bigwebmaster enjoys tennis too...although I don't recall seeing him involved much last year.

Well, Wimbly would be
http://www.wimbledon.org

Though, we're still setting requirements at the present time. Proper infrastrucutre for the event has not yet been allocated. You can still hit it though, our conent guys have been updating.

Cheers!
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Current Family Projects:
4 y.o. - Saying please and thank you, as well as general annunciation.

1 y.o. - Trying to lose the passy (pacifier)

Current Personal Projects:
New forum for weight-loss
Summer photo projects
PixelAcres and Photosapien

Current Work Projects:
Tons of internal projects
New external website for company in-state
Finishing up big static web project
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just started learning HTML, and its goin good.
Ill hopefully have my first web site up in about a month!
Im crossin my fingers. Its really interesting learning HTML.
Im using Crimson and a "Learn it in 7 days" book that I downloaded.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, I forgot, I' also re-vamping my USB drawing pad and the programs I use, so its gonna take some getting used to. :)
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Calendae, i guess is working on the project..its a 404.

ya... :( the person who provides our hosting (for free, unlimited everything and so forth) is having server problems, i have no idea what they are... but his personal site is down too, and well, *sigh* i hate this... just work!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:

Well, Wimbly would be
http://www.wimbledon.org

Though, we're still setting requirements at the present time. Proper infrastrucutre for the event has not yet been allocated. You can still hit it though, our conent guys have been updating.

Cheers!

Man -- that is so much better than the Australian Open site. Thanks for the link

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 62 posts