Your Personality

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

A study by Herriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland has discovered that the music you listen to can tell what sort of personality you have. It's quite interesting when you see what it says for each style of music.

BBC News

What is your favourite style of music, do you think the personality for that music is accurate to you?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this might a little too limited. I personally like a variety of music. One of my favorite bands, 311, would be hard to pigeon hole in one of these categories. For me, there is some overlap and contradiction between the genres that I enjoy.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Herriot-Watt University in Edinburgh wrote:
ROCK/HEAVY METAL-Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

I have to disagree with the low self esteem, I tend to think I might be a bit cocky and arrogant. And the not hard working part troubles me too, when something needs done you just do it and be finished, and you do it the right way the first time around. If that isn't hard working then I don't know what is.

I also listen to bluegrass music, so that would probably fit into the country\western category, which totally contradicts the rock\heavy metal category.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no personality.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just read a few of them and thought that they sounded pretty accurate. Take Country and Western for example, my parents (in particular my dad) absolutely loves it and will constantly listen to it, his working day starts at 9am and usually finishes at 10-11pm, this has been the case for most of my life. When he isn't working he'll be out in the garden doing stuff, so you don't get any more hard working than that.
  • Mr OBrien
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: down a creek without a paddle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Herriot-Watt University in Edinburgh wrote:
ROCK/HEAVY METAL-Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

I also find that this is not correct. Me=High self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, outgoing , gentle , at ease.
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Sydney, Ozland.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with dM, I like everything so I must have personality traits from all then?
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mostly I like to listen Trance music, it helps me to relax and gain some energy during the day.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a split personality :) multiple.... :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

There must be one genre of music out of them all which you predominantly listen to more than the others. The survey was based on what people thought were there favourite genres and the information was collected from that.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I genuinely can't pick a favourite. I suppose if someone asked me to pick one single type of music to listen to the end of my life, I'd be torn between '50s pop and particular strands of modern classical music (either minimalism like philip glass or wild classics with an ethnic slant like the brilliant Hungarian violinist Lajko Felix (I heartily recommend. I used to literally live on this music for a few years back there).

But I listen to so many other things - widely varied......
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't pick one genre over a different one either. Like yesterday after work I had to travel a few hours down the highway on my jeep and I listened to every single Rise Against cd at least once completely through, which is good rock and roll music, but then coming back today I listened to a few different bluegrass compilations I put together.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

ROCK/HEAVY METAL: Low self-esteem (NO), creative(SURE), not hard-working (NO), not outgoing (NO), gentle(YES), at ease (VERY)

I disagree ...
  • kartook
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kartook
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

-_- I disagree aswell, I like trance and heavy metal but I'm not "not hardworking" bah! I don't like it :'(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts