your son is GAY???

• ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

were talking about gay men lesbians must never die!!!! like i said before sexual preference isnt important to me but alot of religions dont agree with it
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

*thinking very hard how to not offend anyone*

OK... first all the following is strictly my opinion and I have nothing against homosexuality. I believe that everyone has their own beliefs and choices and they should not be attacked for them. If everyone would just love each other then everyone would be happy. :rotatingsmile:

I personally think that homosexuality is a choice, because some friends I've had in High School who were homosexual then, are now married (to the opposite sex) with families. One of which was a very close friend. When he told me he was getting married to a girl I was confused and he said *exactly* these words:

"I just don't feel like being with guys anymore. It hasn't attracted me since we met. [His now wife] I love [wife's name], and I knew that when I met her."

I don't know, after that I always believed it was a choice.

If my son told me he were gay, I would be upset at first because my personal beliefs are that he will not go to Heaven. However, I would never belittle him or treat him any differently than I do now. He's my flesh and blood and I love him with all I am. His choices cannot change that.

Which is why I think that anyone who "beat the living crap" out of ANY member of their family for ANY reason is a complete jerk and shouldn't be allowed to have children! :bad-words: :biggun: :brutal43:

(But that's another rant for another day...)
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree with umm [ insert previouse post writers name here ] I am im Highschool and I have a friend who is sexually reatarded, confused, n/a, he claims to be gay ones day the next day i see him with the most beautiful women i think that it is a choice many teenagers make in high school for attention because its fashionable and tend to grow out of it. In my grand parents and parents age someone who grew up a homosexual would become one dew to a tramatic childhood or lac of attention not just for the hell of it. things change and as they said before it has become more fashionable

**i think therefore i am sorry if i offended anyone
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ThATKiD' wrote:

**i think therefore i am sorry if i offended anyone

A couple thoughts from "the old fart" around here. If you state something you feel is true you should never apologize for stating such...(or at the least don't apologize in advance). The only time you need to apologize is if you were incorrect/wrong or intentionally, or unintentionally hurt someone physically or mentally.

Offering your opinion is your right, and you should never apologize for what you believe in, unless you discover your beliefs were/are wrong.
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well in that case i retract my statement ATNO i dont acustom to apologize for my opinions but since it is a public board with many people and such a touchy subject i didnt want anyone to get the wrong impresion
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Why, are you gay? :wink:

no, im not gay....

but imagine if i came home with a girlfriend that he didn't like?...

would he beat the crap outta me?..
:twisted:
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I don't have too much more to say on this, but... :)

In the early 90's there were a couple of studies of identical twins (ie. two people, identical genes). If one was homosexual, the other had about a 50% chance of also being homosexual. In the case of fraternal twins (share 50% of their genes) this chance dropped to about 15-20%. If you looked at adoptive siblings (not genetically related), the chance dropped to about 5-10%.

Two things you can take out of that: 1. genetics does play a role, 2. but it's not everything. One identical twin is gay only means the other has a 50% chance suggests that something else is at work: environment, hormones, personal choice, rays from outer space, I don't know :)

I think that some people (like the examples above) probably choose homosexual behavior at some point even some who would identify themselves as heterosexual, but I think it's a little too simple to say that based on that every homosexual person chooses their orientation.

One last thing, I can't think of a single place on the web (besides here) where people could have a discussion about this kind of a subject, and hear each other out, and not have a flame war break out. Kudos to Ozzu!
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh, well I think that most of the people on ozzu have better things to do with their time then post pictures that everyone has already seen 1 million times

besides that I think that this is not a topic that should be really discussed as defining homosexuality iss very difficult

people opinions on what homosexuality is differs
-basic thoughts (everyone has had them)
-wondering if you are gay (again everyone)
-preforming semi-sexual acts on same sex (I think most people have done this, even as a joke)
-preforming sexual acts on same sex
-unity of 2 same sex people (hard to define in its own, but for the sake of this argument say marriage)

as you can se people opinions may differ on what homosexuality is, therefore making it difficult to have an intelligent conversation unless a common to argue upon
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is/was interesting to see some of the reactions on the subject.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

ThATKiD' wrote:
First, Axe thats inapropriete

No it's not. tbone said he'd beat the living crap out of his son if he were gay.

Nucleo said he'd hate to be his son.

so, I was curious as to if he was or not. He doesn't have to answer, and it doesn't bother me one way or the other :)
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was only kidding Axe i just wanted to take the focuz off the guy incase he was gay :?:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

icyroadz wrote:

One last thing, I can't think of a single place on the web (besides here) where people could have a discussion about this kind of a subject, and hear each other out, and not have a flame war break out. Kudos to Ozzu!

A most excellent observation icyroadz, and I second your Kudos!
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
Quote:
Why, are you gay? :wink:

no, im not gay....

but imagine if i came home with a girlfriend that he didn't like?...

would he beat the crap outta me?..
:twisted:

8)
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

icyroadz wrote:

That may be because the question at hand is based upon ones opinion thus no one can argue to back that up with facts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and chances are you aren't going to change their mind about it by arguing with them.
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

lostinbeta wrote:
and chances are you aren't going to change their mind about it by arguing with them.

You're probably right, but then why talk about it at all? I think all you can do is share what you believe, and why you believe it. If, once it's over, someone (myself included) changes their mind because something someone said made sense, then it was worthwhile.

And if not, maybe we understand each other a little better, or at least we put some more wear on our keyboards, and that's always a good thing, right?
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, the process of exchanging ideas, such an educational wonderment.

As you said, anothers ideas may not change/effect our own, but it definitely gives us more insight into the other person. It's a learning experience all around.
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
A most excellent observation icyroadz, and I second your Kudos!

i like kudos they make them with snikers inside them now..... and yes this is a very mature m/b i think might be due the age group of this m/b alot more adult crowd. I think i might be one of the youngest im 17.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ThATKiD' wrote:
I think i might be one of the youngest im 17.

There are people around here as young as 13 (most likely younger, but that is the youngest I have seen)
This is one of the reasons I like ozzu, your age or social status dosn't matter,
only what you are able to take and give to the community
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i guess your right. I said that mainly because being a highshcool student I have visited the highschool m/b and . . . its beyond immature its rediculouse
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, but don't get us wrong... Us "oldies" can still be just as immature as the next guy - we still know how to have fun, lol. ;)
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Yeah, but don't get us wrong... Us "oldies" can still be just as immature as the next guy - we still know how to have fun, lol. ;)

well only if you consider playing Cribbage on wednesdays and Bingo on sudays fun. :P :lol:
  • natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

:rofl:
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol...
im 16, and yes I have seen younger...
i also love a community that can share views and ideas and not get into slanging matches over the subject ;)
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I have to say about the subject is 3 little letters......

MTV
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about MTV?

You mean the tv station... as in Music TeleVision?

How does that have anything to do with the subject of how a person would react to their child being gay?
  • Xios
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Saturn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would beat up any one who Bullied him for it.

And tell Him it will be ok
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

So as a parent you would beat up kids that bully your kid if your kid was gay?

Yeah, I don't think that's legal 8)
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its all matter of social context.

People act because they think they are rights, but they realize that they are wrong in a later time(maybe)
Being guy since the child is born. that is not Guy, thats natural (mainly the hormones are not balanced).

But i get so mad when i hear that a "man" realized after 20 years of his life that he is Guy.(like he was not able to realize from before).

""People wants to have different taste of life :wink: ""
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

BlueHat wrote:
But i get so mad when i hear that a "man" realized after 20 years of his life that he is Guy.(like he was not able to realize from before).

Assuming by Guy you meant Gay, but im not sure since you replaced it with the word Guy in your whole post :wink:

It's not really a "realization" 20 years later, just finally dealing with the truth. A lot of homosexuals tend to deny who they are because the way much of society views it.

Then there's the ones who are confused and don't know what they want at an early age.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

lostinbeta wrote:
Then there's the ones who are confused and don't know what they want at an early age.

sorry for the typing mistake.

so, and what cause this kind of confusion in your opinion.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 131 posts