• Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buy him a feather boa?
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would support him anyway. It's his decision to make, not mine. I would still love him, still be a father and all that stuff, the relation ship wouldn't change.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who cares as long as they are happy and healthy - being gay isnt something you choose, its something your born with :D

People who shun their children because of their sexuality set themselves and their kids up for a very bumpy ride.

I really think if someone loves their child then they will accept the choices they make for themselves and just want for them to be happy and comfortable with themselves. Same sex attracted people have a hard enough time dealing with societies negative views let alone to have to deal with that at home where it should be somewhere they can be themselves :D
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tom the Great wrote:
Would support him anyway. It's his decision to make, not mine. I would still love him, still be a father and all that stuff, the relation ship wouldn't change.

Thats nice, hard to find this kind of answers??
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Who cares as long as they are happy and healthy - being gay isnt something you choose, its something your born with

i have read on one magazine, that being a gay become more fashionable these days!!!

thats way the amount of gays have increased so much??

not sure?
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's getting more 'accepted' in the media, not really more 'fashionable.'

20 years ago, a lot of people thought only gay people would get aids, so there were probably a lot of people who were gay inside but weren't because of the fear of aids.
The media plays a big part as well, I was watching good ole' fox news and the first half of the show was just about gay marriages. So gay people are in the news and someone sitting in their cave thinks, "look at all the gay people sprouting up," but there were the same amount of gay people, they just weren't in the news.
It's a pretty confusing topic.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tom the Great wrote:
I think it's getting more 'accepted' in the media, not really more 'fashionable.

i would agree with you
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive been closely associated with the gay community and I can tell you from working with SSAY (same sex attracted youth) that its something they are born with. yeah there are those who just love sex and dont care who its with but for the majority of the population, its something that

there are more now because law and societies views are becoming more libral in their views.

churches are now accepting gay priests and also gay women priests (we have some here in melbourne).

we have just had a state here in australia give the okay for gay parents to adopt children (finally) and laws are also changing to give their partners more rights when their partner dies (under old laws they could not recieve anything).

im glad things are changing for the better! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it :D
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
churches are now accepting gay priests and also gay women priests (we have some here in melbourne).

that sounds new to me??I
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep its mainly the christian churches
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gay priests
http://www.inthefaith.com/archives/000313.php
http://www.anglicanmedia.com.au/news/ar ... 001752.php

Female bishops
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/ ... 69716.html
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

where do you come up with these questions? I thought this
was a webmaster's board.

.....or did I miss something :scratchhead:
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would put a mic in his hand teach him a Ricky martin song strap on some bell bottoms and get rich off his feathery ass wooohooo .. . . ok no seriously cant be said till the situation arrives we can all give the bs politicly correct response but when it boils down to it no one knows till it happens
  • tbone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tbone
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would beat the living crap out of him
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

LMAO!!!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If people are born gay, where did they get thier gay genes from ? :wink:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert: from god lmao

unflux: well it is a general thread lol
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
joebert: from god lmao

They don't get them from Macys ?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the record, I agree with UNFLUX that it's a pretty odd question for a webmaster board. Secondly, I'm a Christian. Third, I added the second one to say that my religious beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on the matter (I wanted to make that clear).

Now that the "for the record" stuff is out of the way:

Homosexuality is about the stupidest thing men or women ever dreamed up. Why? It's the perfect genocide. What better way to kill off a species than to find the perfect way to prevent the natural propagation of the species.

Whether God did it, nature did it, evolution did it, or whatever you are inclined to believe did it, the human race (and most animal species for that matter) require a male and female to propagate (in most instances).

The human race is virtually the only species that has any inclination towards homosexuality. So, how do so-called gays propose to propagate themselves? I cannot for the life of me believe that homosexuality is genetic and people are "born" with it. What I will allow, is that there may be some genetic influence on a person's inclination to choose homosexuality as a lifestyle, but the bottom line is that it clearly defies the logic of the physiology of the human race. Therefore, the most logical conclusion is that homosexuality boils down to a choice regardless of how that choice is initiated.

Face it folks, it requires a male and a female to make a baby. Anything other than heterosexuality spits in the face of nature.

So if you want to be gay, I say go for it! Eventually you'll all die out due to lack of progeny and maybe this insane idea will eventually disappear from the planet.

Oh, by the way -- to answer the actual question - I don't have a son so that's a moot point. I do have a daughter and if it ever came down to this question with her, I would tell her exactly the same thing I said above and wish her luck. I'd probably also tell her I thought she was pretty stupid.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, to sum it all up and quote your quote "there is no fate but what we make for ourselves"? :lol:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*smiles - yep!
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
What better way to kill off a species than to find the perfect way to prevent the natural propagation of the species.

I don’t think we’re in any danger of becoming extinct, if everyone were to become homosexual, that would be fair, but this seems like hyperbole.

Quote:
The human race is virtually the only species that has any inclination towards homosexuality.

Not true. Even with the “virtually” qualifier, there’s quite a few different animal species that exhibit homosexual/bisexual behavior. I’d send you a pdf of this paper, but our library doesn't have that journal so the abstract will have to do. No one really knows why this is, except that this isn’t something that men/women have “dreamed” up.

Quote:
Eventually you'll all die out due to lack of progeny and maybe this insane idea will eventually disappear from the planet.

If that were true, then why hasn’t this happened already? I agree with you that it doesn’t confer any evolutionary advantage (you don’t tend to get your genes passed on if you’re homosexual), but yet it (homosexuality) continues to exist. It clearly takes a male and a female to make a baby, but you’re arguing that “it spits in the face of nature”? I agree that the environment deserves our respect, but I don’t quite understand why homosexuality per se represents a disrespectful attitude toward nature.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

icyroadz wrote:

Not true. Even with the “virtually” qualifier, there’s quite a few different animal species that exhibit homosexual/bisexual behavior. I’d send you a pdf of this paper, but our library doesn't have that journal so the abstract will have to do. No one really knows why this is, except that this isn’t something that men/women have “dreamed” up.

{ agree with this and that's why I added the qualifiers.}

Quote:
but you’re arguing that “it spits in the face of nature”? I agree that the environment deserves our respect, but I don’t quite understand why homosexuality per se represents a disrespectful attitude toward nature.

{Perhaps the cliche "spits in the face of nature", didn't clearly portray my intended meaning - essentially the intent of the thought is that homesexuality clearly is a deviation of the natural order of things and IMO is a choice to refuse the natural order of things - at least in terms of reproduction}

Let me add that I have no issues at all with people who choose to be openly or secretly gay. I have had friends that are openly gay and sure I will have many more. Not a problem to me at all. My statement above is simply my opinion on the subject, plain and simple, nothing more.
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fair enough. I disagree that it's a choice, but we certainly don't have to agree on that, it is a webmaster's forum after all. :)

An interesting observation though that homosexuality is a deviation, I mean, one could argue that your average Ozzu forum peruser has an 'abnormal' amount of knowledge on web design etc. We're all deviant, in some way. :lol:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

icyroadz wrote:
We're all deviant, in some way. :lol:

*lol -- agreed with that!!! And methinks some more-so than others! *grins
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
i would beat the living crap out of him

I would hate to be your son
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why, are you gay? ;)
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, Axe thats inapropriete
Seccond The book of romans clearly sais that homosexuality is blasphemy now all religouse homosexuals
think about it
third are you gay? just kidding i personaly dont care to what anyones sexual prefrence as long as im not gay
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

why are you people so afraid of gay people?
why do you think it is a bad thing?

lastly, if you just let gays be gays, then eventually there will be no more gays (assuming it is genetic)

besides what fun would beer commercials be without lesbians?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 131 posts