Adsense 250x250 vs 300x250 Ad Units

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I widened my layout by 50 pixels and moved from 250x250 units to 300x250 units today. Everything else is exactly the same, the width of the units and width of my template are the only things that changed. I have a hunch that this will allow for more HTML type Adsense units to be displayed and increase earnings because the number of HTML type units I have on other similar content sites is extremely disproportionate to the test sites HTML units, as are the earnings. The test site has a superior CTR compared to the similar sites.

If you're reading this and the date is equal to or later than June 28th 2010 you should remind me to post an update. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Crap.

The good news is, the results look good. eCPM went up significantly.

The bad news is, someone I've been working with to be a content provider for their application launched their application the same day I made this change so I've got a new traffic source and I'm having trouble determining how big of an impact my change actually made.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL now I get this email from Doubleclick.

Quote:
Our system analyzed your site, domain.com and found a great opportunity to increase your AdSense earnings. We recommend that you change your 250x250 ad units to 300x250s on domain.com . Here is an example of where we found this opportunity: domain.com/

You'll get the best results by updating all 250x250 units across your site. Our system analyzed 516 pages across domain.com and found 1319 250x250 ad units.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, seems like they were a little late in telling you. The 300x250 ads on Ozzu are the best performing ads as well.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just looked at my numbers for both units using the new Adsense (version with /v3/ in the URL) UI. I love how that UI has all of the information available from way before the UI even came out.

My CPC was just a couple of cents higher with the 300x250 VS the 250x250, but the Page RPM increased by 28%.
  • KimberlyNK2_

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have heard that 300x250 is better than 250x250. Currently, I am using 336x280 on my blogs.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts