Adsense Image Ads get new Stealthy Google Branding

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone else noticed that some image ads now use a tiny little gray "(i)" icon on the bottom corner now instead of the usual Google branding ? The branding is still there, but you have to mouse over the "(i)" to see it.

At the top of this screenshot is the old fullsize branding on a text ad, and on the bottom there is an image ad with the new branding.

Attachments:
adsense.jpg
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stephen186
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • stephen186

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well..that's a good news.

It will not make the image ad looks like an ad and if we place such images ads within content, they will look like a part of it..
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, what I realized for the first time today was the arrow keys that actually let's you scroll through multiple pages of ads. Had never noticed it until I saw your screen capture, then almost immediately after saw that on another website. I was wondering what happened if you clicked the arrows so I did lol. Just call me slow.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know you got the arrow keys on text ads but did not know you got them on images ones as for the i my site sometimes has that but most of the time its the normal google thing. Maybe new ads have the i and old ones have the word google
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I've noticed a few different styles for image ads. Some of them get reduced in height to make room for a Google branding bar that includes the URL of the site. Sometimes there's just no branding at all on the images. I think those no-branding images are being replaced with those (i) icons now, so I guess that would mean it's the new not-so-stealthy image ads. :scratchhead:

It looks like the Flash ads are getting the little icon too.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

It must be ace working for google in the ads department if thats all theve been doing for the last few months - the odd thing is that like ATNO said almost no one has noticed! :lol:
  • stephen186
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • stephen186

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes i did notice that, it does look quite neat and very professional. And when u scroll your mouse over the logo it displays "ads by google"in full, a nice addition to the Google ads.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts