Adsense Revenue Split Revealed

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ever wondered how much of the money Google collects from Adwords advertisers actually goes to Adsense publishers ?

According to Google, Adsense publishers worldwide receive 68% of the revenue collected from Adwords advertisers, and that number hasn't changed since it was established in 2003. Adsense for Search publishers receive a noticeably lower percent of the revenue at 51%. The numbers for other Adsense products such as Adsense for Feeds and Adsense for Mobiles aren't being revealed for the time being, it looks like they're still trying to hammer out the their costs on those products.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have always wanted to know this. I wonder if they ever plan to change it, or if it will always stay the same. According to that article they say this:

Quote:
Of course, we can’t guarantee that the revenue share will never change (our costs may change significantly, for example), but we don’t have any current plans to do so for any AdSense product. Over the next few months we’ll begin showing the revenue shares for AdSense for content and AdSense for search right in the AdSense interface.

So that will be nice to always know what it is currently at and if it ever changes.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The way they worded that is a little scary. It leads me to believe they do plan on changing it, and changing it in their favor, they just don't have a solid time for when it's going to happen yet.

They did settle my nerves a little with this bit though.

Quote:
Additionally, when considering different monetization options, we encourage you to focus on the total revenue generated from your site, rather than just revenue share, which can be misleading. For example, you would receive $68 with AdSense for content for $100 worth of advertising that appeared on your site. If another ad network offers an 80% revenue share, but is only able to collect $50 from ads served on your site, you would earn $40. In this case, a higher revenue share wouldn’t make up for the lower revenue yield of the other ad network.

I missed the part about it being added to the Adsense interface earlier. That will certainly give a lot of publishers a better idea of how much ad slots on their pages are worth, or, at least a ballpark figure.
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The timing for the release of this information is a bit interesting. Maybe it is preparation for the ad war to come, namely in the mobile space. I have a strange feeling that it might be changed to the publishers' favor though. It would certainly make them look better to publishers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts