Special Adsense for Domains Layout in Chrome ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I decided to pull the plug on a website today to make way for new projects. I almost just let the domain sit parked, then I remembered Google has Adsense for Domains open to everyone now. So I figured the domain could point there for the few months left on the registration.

When I setup the DNS entries, I forgot that I needed to go through the old Adsense setup tab to register the domain with Google before AFD would start showing ads on it. I ended up with Godaddy landing pages, the index for another site I operate, and all sorts of unexpected landings. Eventually I got it all figured out and it started to display. To make sure, I started checking in different browsers after restarting my computer to make sure no DNS entries were being cached.

When I looked in Google Chrome, I thought I screwed something up and somehow allowed someone to hijack the domain. Rather than the usual generic landing page AFD shows in other browsers I try, when I look in Chrome I get the following layout.

Attachments:
chrome-afd-layout.gif

VS this usual generic layout I usually get.

Attachments:
chrome-afd-layout-normal.gif

Once I found the privacy link at the bottom pointing to Googles AFD privacy page I felt a little better, and when I reasoned with myself that the TTL for any changes I've made have expired and the usual layout is showing in my other browsers I felt a little better as well.

Is this just a Chrome thing, I'm not seeing it in any other browsers.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also have a domain parked that I no longer use with Google Adsense here:

http://www.wallpapercollection.com/

and for me it is slightly different in Chrome vs Firefox, but nothing like what your screenshots show above.

Edit*

After reloading the page in Firefox after I had closed it I also get the sunflower backgrounds now. So I closed it again and it went back to the original the next time I loaded it. I kept doing it and it seems to be random when the sunflowers show. Maybe they do that to mix it up a bit just in case the same visitor comes back to the page. It seems to do it at random in all of the browsers I tested. If you just keep hitting refresh I noticed a total of 3 different versions.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I definitely feel better knowing someone other than me is seeing that layout. :)

When you say 3 different versions, do you mean the 3rd layout is totally different from the generic layout and the sunflowers, or is it some sort of variation of the two ?

I couldn't get the sunflowers (or anything else) to show in anything other than Chrome after refreshing both Opera and Firefox 10 times, I did get different links for refreshes though. This time around it took 8 refreshes before Chrome displayed the sunflower layout.

I wonder how many different layouts there are. When I look through the options in the old Adsense interface all I see is options for changing the color of the generic layout. I can't seem to find anything around the net about new layouts either, though the recent changes to Adsense for Content ad unit layouts is sort of dominating my results.

// Edit -- It figures that as soon as I post this then look at the site you posted I would get the sunflower layout in Opera. I also got a beach layout immediately after. I also got a generic styled layout, but centered. So far I've seen a total of 4 different Adsense for Domains layouts.

Attachments:
afd-beach-layout.gif

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts