Adwords Voucher Scheme

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now before I continue, I want to make it perfectly clear that this is a horrible idea and nobody should try it. The only reason I'm bringing it up is because I might get bored one day and actually try it if I don't have the thought that I've already busted myself by telling someone about it nagging at me in the back of my mind. :)

--

So Google sent me another $100 Adwords voucher for Valentines day like they seem to do on every holiday. I always end up giving them away since I can't use them and I'm too lazy to manage multiple accounts. I was bored the day I received this one in the mail though and I got to thinking.

If I had a bunch of Adsense sites that already make a couple of bucks and look "normal" I could setup a few pages on each of them with keywords mixed in that no search results exist for. Stuff like scooterdooplings. If I had a bunch of friends I could spread these pages across numerous names all over the world so there's no single suspicious point to look at if Google had some sort of flagger setup to point out Adsense accounts that receive an abnormal amount of voucher-funded ads.

Why would I want to setup pages with words that no results exist for and probably nobody would ever search for you ask ?
Because I would know my Adsense pages would be the only place Adwords ads for those ridiculous words could show up.

Why would I want to know that you ask ?
Because I could create Adwords campaigns targeting those words and funnel the Adwords voucher funds through those pages and basically convert the vouchers partially to cash, minus the cut Google takes (which ironically would already be theirs to begin with) and the $10 or so it costs to activate a new Adwords account.

Why not just try click fraud you ask ?
Because when you control the Adwords and Adsense accounts involved, you can skip the clicking and opt for impression based ads.
If the oddball words are just splashed into pages that are getting traffic from other search phrases anyways, there would be no need to buy traffic which would tip Google off. Just make sure the scooterdooplings pay good enough to compete with other ads that might be relevant to the pages, but not so much as to make anyone wonder why someone would pay $xx eCPM for the word scooterdooplings.

Why go through all of this trouble for a $100 voucher that comes around once every few months maybe, you ask ?
Because I'm sure there's plenty of people getting these vouchers who can't use them and would be happy to part with the voucher code for a pennies on the dollar.

Anywho, I think I've said enough to keep myself from trying this now. I am curious to see what sort of glaring holes in this scheme you guys can point out though. :D
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried buying traffic for spinderdoodle (which would be cheap since there is no competition), and pointing it to a high-dollar page like mesotheliama.html (which google adsense sees the .html and makes ads based on that)?

Buy for $0.01, sell for $1.23
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would think targeting high paying keywords like that would trigger red flags somewhere. I've got a hunch that Google has a list of keywords that trigger account reviews any time a site gets clicks for them. I would think Google would send out one of those "You pose a risk" notices to an account pushing penny traffic out through dollar keywords. Especially for made up words.

In any event, I just read about an experiment with that paid traffic stuff the other day.
  • Justlemmepostalready
  • Justlemmepostalready

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your nefarious plan is perfect. Other than ... IM REPORTING YOU !!! IM TELLIN, IM TELLIN !!!

:D Kidding around, seems like a lot of works for a couple bucks. Besides google would probably let you get close to the minimum pay-out for adsense. Then send it's bots to find TOS violations on your sites, so they don't have to pay you.

Don't get me wrong ... I despise megacorp tech gods. Like G,binghoo and facebook. They are always playing god over the net and trying to figure out every single way to squeeze every last penny out of their userbases they can.

So in theory, I see nothing wrong with scamming them out of $$$. They have plenty of it. Never been bashful about screwing people over themselves ... So more power to people gaming them.

Though out of fairness ... Google does provide many neat and free services to net users. Even if they do it to protect their own interests online.

In any event, I never read this, was never here. Never typed this and I'll deny everything ... and instruct people to talk to my attorney. Should I ever hear of this matter again.

:D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts