Google Apps Premier Merger Problems with Postini

• devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've merged my company over to Gapps premier, but we're really only using it for email. I actually did a pilot system from an exchange server. I also have three domains under my account. I've finally migrated all our users emails using google apps sync to the google servers and I've pointed the mx records for my domain names to google server ASPMX etc etc. I knew going into it that I would have to manage Postini separately for each domain which wasn't a problem. I need postini just for some type of email retention. If I go to postini site it says my domain is already part of postini. In my control panel, I can't activate postini cause my domains are active.

Do I need to remove my domains, activate postini, and then re-add my domains? However, I'm not sure what will happen. I've tried to contact Postini resellers, Google, and Postini themselves and none have been any help. Also, the forums are ridiculously unhelpful. I guess this would have been easier starting from scratch and not doing piloting, but all I want to do now is activate message archiving for each user.

I'm really so mad, I'm just about to setup a mail server and setup routes for my emails to it, but it would be so much easier to pay and let google/postini do it.

If anyone has any experience with setting up Gapps please help. Let me know anything else you need to know about my setup (domains, aliases, etc).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post