Google Social Search

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This feature was announced last week at Web 2.0 summit as a new experimental tool and the social search results will be found under the link "Results from people in your social circle" which you can find on the left hand side when you are making a search in Google.

In theory it's an interesting concept. I've tried it, however, and haven't gotten one relevant result from my "social circle".

For those reading this who actually might be interested in checking it out, it was announced 3 days ago on Googleblog:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/ ... rch-i.html

Quote:
Your friends and contacts are a key part of your life online. Most people on the web today make social connections and publish web content in many different ways, including blogs, status updates and tweets. This translates to a public social web of content that has special relevance to each person. Unfortunately, that information isn't always very easy to find in one simple place. That's why today we're rolling out a new experiment on Google Labs called Google Social Search that helps you find more relevant public content from your broader social circle.

You can also find more information here:

http://www.google.com/support/websearch ... wer=165228

Quote:
Google Social Search is a feature designed to help you discover relevant content from your social circle, a set of online friends and contacts. The idea is that content from your friends and social contacts is often more relevant to you than content from strangers.

Keep in mind you have to be signed into your Google account to be able to see social results.
Moderator Remark: split topic and updated post
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked out the demonstration and found it useless for my "circle". If i want to know what my friends think, I'll ask them.

One google product that I'll never use.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts