Google Voice Search on Chrome

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google Voice search is an integrated part of Google's Mobile App for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Nokia S60 V3 phones. The convenience for mobile users is incredible. It's going to become my new best friend. And my experience so far is the results are surprisingly good.

However, the reason for the post is to point out that the Voice Search is also available in Chrome. In Chrome Google's search window looks like this:
Attachments:
voice_search1.png

Clicking the microphone icon brings up this:
Attachments:
voice_search2.png

Simply speak your search into your microphone.

For more on the Google voice search watch this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3z7Tw1K17A
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sending this via my iPhone. Used the google voice search to get here. You have to spell ozzu as you say it for a number one result
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Voice commands are definitely nice on a phone. I've got a Windows 7 phone (HTC HD7) with voice commands and they really come in handy.

Attachments:
hd7.jpg

I can hold the "Windows key" which is the middle icon on the bottom of the phone for 2-3 seconds and tell it to do anything from "open calculator" to "call so and so" and it's pretty good about getting it right. Another thing that comes in handy is that the map applications support voice too so I can say the address I'm looking for instead of trying to type it in the truck.

There is a search icon next to that Windows key on the bottom of my phone that can go to bing and do voice search from there. I use Google for my web related stuff, but the bing search will let me use a "local" search where I can for instance say "Jimmy Johns" and it will list all of the Jimmy Johns sandwich shops near my location starting with the closest. :D

I had to spell Ozzu out for my phones' voice search as well. The best result was "Phone zoo". :lol:
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

They have Phone Zoo's now? Awesome. I have never actually used the voice search on my iPhone. My brother loves the talk to text feature. He uses while hes doing other stuff, talks into his phone and it puts it into a text and sends it for him. Also works the other way, so if he receives one it reads it to him. Pretty nifty, especially if your driving or walking around.

Edit & Off Topic: ATNO I also never had a chance to taunt you about my Packers win this year, so this is just for you: :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol poly. Actually Green Bay has always been my second favorite team
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha glad to hear it.
  • pagebot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pagebot
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lot of time will go by until people start using this.
  • pradashoesoutlet
  • Born
  • Born
  • pradashoesoutlet

Post 3+ Months Ago

My mobliephone is Sony Ericsson, it also have this function? or it just design for smartphone?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Every time I install Chrome I get some viruses on my computer.

My friend got hacked while using Chrome...

I'm gonna stay away from Chrome now :lol:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're not serious, right?
  • Emma Martin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love this feature by Google! I use it all the time on my iPhone. I didn't expect the voice recognition to work very well, but it surprised me.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
You're not serious, right?

I somehow missed this post. I think you were talking to my post about Chrome.

Yes, I'm serious... I got viruses using from and my friend got hacked while using Chrome. I'm not sure if they were related to Chrome, but... I'll be safe and stay away from Chrome.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's like saying that my friend got the flu while driving a Ford, therefore I'll stay away from ever buying a Ford.

Chrome is fine. I use it at work and at home. Firefox is fine. IE is fine.

Doing stupid things on the Internet is what causes someone to get a virus or "get hacked" (whatever that means). Just be smart about browsing and use a browser with the features you enjoy.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a virus (at least I found the virus) right after installing Chrome.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I got a virus (at least I found the virus) right after installing Chrome.

There you go! If it wasn't for Chrome you wouldn't have known you had a virus! lol teasing, but for the record, I've never had an issue with Chrome. In fact in a lot of situations it works far superior to both IE, firefox, opera and Safari. And I have to agree with spork, the browser you use has absolutely no bearing on what virus you might pick up. You pick up virus's generally speaking by unsafe browsing practices. I don't mean that to sound all inclusive. Just agreeing that the browser had nothing to do with how you caught the virus.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fine! I'll give Chrome another chance. Hopefully I won't get a new virus.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts