are blog comments still helpful for SEO?

• vikiviki
  • Loc: new york

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think blog comments are very helpful for our site SEO,but i heard someone said google will not include blog comments, and i should stop it.
is it really? are blog comments still helpful for SEO?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Cytheria1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Cytheria1

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my experience, they do help, and can get indexed quickly, however, most places and blogs where the author even allows comments, or a slot to place your website, I have found 90% of those blogs are nofollow.

If there are any blogs that happen to be auto-approve, you can be sure they will be spammed the hell out of within a few weeks. I consider them quick backlinks, but not quality and ultimately, a waste of time.

I am sure google still places some importance on blog backlinks, if they are relevant to the blog/article, among other things. But many times if a website even allows you to place a link, it will automatically not approve your post as it thinks it is spam, regardless of how thoughtful or relevant your comment is.

There are infinitely more effective and simpler SEO methods than blog commenting...
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree but most blogs nowadays are getting spam measures to make sure that visitors leave valuable comments and not just seeding links.
  • Elia1234
  • Elia1234

Post 3+ Months Ago

The new Google updates are even more harsh on blog commenting, since the referrals posted in the footer of pages are being neglected, and this has been the most important slot, as we all know.
  • afoley77
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • afoley77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, blog commenting is still helpful in SEO. It only depends upon the quality of comment, if your comment is related and relevant to the user's interest, then other reader would like to read more and click on your link for further information, results in increase in traffic to your website. It also helps to create friendly relation ship with other bloggers and reader.
  • Kevin-Johnson
  • Kevin-Johnson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Today if you want to do branding of your products or services then you can do blog comments because most of blog owner set No-follow attribute in comments system that does not pass link juice and you will not get backlinks.
  • BossMan1
  • BossMan1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it's helpful in SEO. it's just a waste of time.
  • blonde girl
  • Born
  • Born
  • blonde girl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blog comments still work as long as they are published on high reputable blogs.
Its also important to comment something with real added value, something meaningful and not just "nice post" or similar no value comments...
  • lalitburma
  • Born
  • Born
  • lalitburma

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are doing blog commenting on authority relevant websites in a right manner than you are going to get benefit.

Keyword optimisation is not a good thing to do now a days, so be careful.
  • creamtown
  • creamtown

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blog commenting can be helpful to promote your site. But it won't rank up your website (Pagerank). Trust me. I've already left many many comments on authority relevant websites, I've even left comments on pages that have high PR, but after few months, my PR is still 0 until now. I know, it's because all webmasters these days have already set the author link on comment as no-follow. But it's now really hard to find websites with do-follow links on comment.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 72 days ago

Yes! still now the blog comments are used by all the SEO's to improve the page rank of the site. Blog comments plays an important role in deciding the page ranking of a site. You should put the blog post based on the PR of that blog. So that your site's PR will also gets increased.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts