My blog appears to have been removed from the Google index

• chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The other day I relaunched my blog. The next day, it was listed in the Google search engine results. Today, it is no where to be found! Would it have anything to do with a couple of the posts being also on my other website and Google is penalizing me for duplicate content? Is there a way that I can contact Google to find out why my blog is no longer in their search engine results? Yes, I tried doing a search for my blog on Google with site:url. No luck.

Chris H.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G959-2RlPyA
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

alanwalters wrote:
This is normal if your blog is new,Google will list you quickly then drop you out of the index quickly.Don't worrry,as blog ages and you continue to write content,it will reappear.Google does this to prevent quickly created spam web site from being listed in its index.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post. My blog is new so this is probably exactly what has happened. Hope you have a great remainder of the weekend:)

Chris H.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc

Post 3+ Months Ago

My blog is actually back on Google now, but I haven't gotten any traffic from Google. Only about a month old, though. Probably takes some time to get listed on the first couple of pages of Google for search terms.
  • Blackwood
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Blackwood

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it is only a month old then it is still relatively early days. I always find that blogs are taken more seriously after they have been around for a while. Mind you, the same could be said for any type of site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts