Google +1 Button now available for your website

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Last month Google introduced the +1 Button on their search results. This month they have made it available to add the +1 button to your website like you may already do with Facebook's Like button, or many of the other social media type websites out there. You can see above we have also added the +1 button to our website above.

You can find the page to add Google's +1 button to your website here:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/+1/button/index.html

I first noticed them mentioning this in Google Adsense, there is a recommendation that says:

Quote:
Add the +1 button to your pages
Adding the +1 button to your pages allows users to recommend your content to friends and contacts on Google search. As a result, you could get more and better qualified traffic.

So it could have an impact on your search traffic.

By the way, the link in Adsense went to a 404 page, but I finally figured out the correct URL. I have heard others are getting the 404 page as well. A bit clumsy on Google's end if you ask me ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webmaster007
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • webmaster007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google +1 button is just like a facebook like button. More you get clicked on the button, the more you get the traffic. Also, it is a great tool for the blogger. When your visitor likes your post and hit the button, next time, when the visitor search the same topic, keyword, key-phrase, Google will directly show the link as a recommendation. Thus, you can get more traffic....thanks to Google.
  • pagebot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pagebot
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would this button help my ranking?Thanks
  • The Leader
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Melbourne Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suspect this will be another google flop in an attempt to keep up with facebook. If google do give and pr juice to sites that get the +1 then webmasters will quickly install it on their sites but people will find a way to cheat it!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just updated my site with it, going to see if it will recover the traffic drop from recent weeks.
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Leader wrote:
I suspect this will be another google flop in an attempt to keep up with facebook.

I think so too. And I think people are getting tired of all these buttons that makes sites ugly looking and adds nothing of real value to the browsing experience.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

WritingBadCode wrote:
The Leader wrote:
I suspect this will be another google flop in an attempt to keep up with facebook.

I think so too. And I think people are getting tired of all these buttons that makes sites ugly looking and adds nothing of real value to the browsing experience.

agreed but it is more and more about interactivity now like watching and pressing buttons, it is a pain in the arse but the ads pay for our server and the buttons keep us popular.
  • The Leader
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Melbourne Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried loading the code on a couple of my sites but couldn't get it to work. I have never had problems loading other google code!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes a while to take effect, I found the same too and then later on it popped up.
  • elieobeid7
  • elieobeid7

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys how to add it automatically to each post? lets say I have a social bookmarking site like digg and I want it to be shown each time a user post a link so that people could recommend it, go to 4shared dot com and search for anything you see that next to each link there is a +1 button how to do that?
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

elieobeid7 wrote:
hey guys how to add it automatically to each post? lets say I have a social bookmarking site like digg and I want it to be shown each time a user post a link so that people could recommend it, go to 4shared dot com and search for anything you see that next to each link there is a +1 button how to do that?

edit your display template for the posts to show next to where you want it, slap back on the server and off ya go.
  • AmieCutie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone know of a flash version of the +1 button? I've seen it done with the Facebook "Share" and the Twitter "tweet".
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

mite need to custom make it like add the image then add the click code with the link may work, not sure have not used flash in a while.
  • Elia1234
  • Elia1234

Post 3+ Months Ago

In order to refresh the topic a little, I bring to your attention an article I came across, about the human raters who assign these +1 grades and how they make their choices: searchenginewatch (dot) com (slash) article (slash) 2127033 (slash) Can-You-Optimize-for-Googles-Search-Quality-Raters (sorry for all these but I can't post links in here... yet).
It's quite amazing to see how accidental these rankings are actually assigned.
What's your oppinion?
  • evantanski
  • Born
  • Born
  • evantanski

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adding the Google +1 button to your pages can help you stand out in Google searches. That means better visibility, in terms of search engine optimization. By giving your visitors more opportunities to +1 your pages, your search results and even Google ads could show up with the plus one image more often, helping people see when your pages are most likely to be relevant.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google +1 button is not much useful for your site or help in getting some visitors .. is it ?

Does Google gives some weightage to sites having Google + button ?
  • IJR112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IJR112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really see the +1 button making that big of a difference, if at all, in either driving traffic to a site or helping with SERP. I just don't think it's really caught on yet.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am sure this was covered when this first came out, come to think of it in the news feed there should be a major article about it around 6 month ago when it was released and after that was implanted the ranking algorithm changed which if i remember correctly was about the time of the Google Panda update that screwed everyone.

So in short yes it does provide weight in rankings in Google but it is also calculated with many other variables like server speed, traffic, bot crawling with understanding of your code, content, how much content, rating of content(G, PG, M, M15+, R, X, UNRATED).

With millions of web sites there is too many variables to count which has made SEO useless to a certain degree.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google + is back with new interface and many added features. I tried the new look today .. check it out frds :)
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

pagebot wrote:
Would this button help my ranking?Thanks

If you talking about PR - no, but it can definitely increase social aspects and quality of traffic you will get after build up.
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can get not only better quality traffic, you can make good client list without hard work and then expand it through personal communication.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts