Google Indexing Problems

• twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

Has anybody else been experiencing Google indexing problems recently?

I added a new section to my website and can not get it indexed. I have been trying now for two weeks. Here is an example page I am trying to get indexed:

green-watch . org/green-products/view-product-profile.cfm?productID=60

Does anybody see any issues with this page?

I have never had indexing problems before and I am starting to get concerned because green products is going to be a huge section on my website.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't much about indexing but it seems to me that two weeks is a very short time to expect results.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you using Google Webmaster tools ? If you are, have you submitted a sitemap using them yet ?

As a PR3 I think it's safe to assume there's enough links pointing to the site to get it noticed.

How many pages/pathways do you have leading to these troublesome pages ?

I've got a site that's 6 days old, a "site:domain.com" search shows me pages indexed and all I've done has been submit a sitemap and link to the sites home page from two similar themed sites I have.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello again,

I use to be able to get webpages indexed in a matter of days so two weeks seems like overkill to me.

I am using Webmaster tools and I have submitted sitemaps including links to the product pages.

I am eventually going to have over a million products on the website. All products will be accessible from a directory listing. Thus, there will usually be one pathway to the details page. I will eventually have some featured products that will allow multiple pathways.

I recently joined the Google Affiliate Network (GAN). This allows me to massively import business products from various businesses including Sears, KMart, etc. These products have descriptions written up so I am worried about duplicate content issues. Rewriting over a million product descriptions would be vary tedious.

The pages I am looking to get indexed I have completely rewritten from ShareASale product descriptions.

Have any of you guys used GAN and / or experienced duplicate content issues? Do you have any suggestions on how to get around that?

Some how I need to drive traffic to these product pages in order to earn revenue but I am not sure I will even get listed due to duplicate content issues.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

In Webmaster Tools, under Diagnostics -> Crawl Stats, how are you looking for the three metrics provided, most importantly the time metric ?

Both times I've tried to look at the site it's taken a few seconds for me to get a response. I remember seeing this site before, and I remember it taking a long time to respond back then as well. If your site is responding to Google that slow, Google might just be abandoning the requests during spidering for taking to long to respond.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings,

Here is a photo of the crawl stats:

It looks like the average time for a request is about 500 milliseconds.

This use to be a lot worse due to coldfusion storing client variables in the registry.

Now coldfusion stores client variables in the database, which I purge daily and the site is a lot faster than it use to be.

I recently changed the Google crawl rate so it looks like the number of pages crawled per day has increased drastically this week.

Crawling the pages is one thing. Indexing is another :)

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • Pixelink
  • Born
  • Born
  • Pixelink

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a product order page.

What would it matter if Google indexed it or not? It's not really helping Google to provide good information about a specific topic and who starts on an order page when researching something?

It's the end point in the design flow on a store front.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

It is a product details page - not the actual order page.

These pages are extremely important to get indexed. If I have an "Eco-Friendly Mattress" product, I would want somebody that typed "Green Mattresses" or "Eco-Friendly Mattresses" in Google to find the product details page.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts