Google now supports images in sitemaps

• mitradebanjan9
  • mitradebanjan9

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now you can optimize your page's major images through site. Google now supports images in site maps.
Image tag is
Code: [ Select ]
<image:image>
<image:loc>
 </image:loc>
  </image:image>
  1. <image:image>
  2. <image:loc>
  3.  </image:loc>
  4.   </image:image>

Read the full article at: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... emaps.html
Moderator Remark: linkified
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard about this and implemented it for a few of my image-heavy sites sitemaps about a week ago. I haven't been able to tell if it had any impact yet.

I did have an issue with Google rejecting my newly altered sitemaps the day after I implemented the <image/> extensions though. See what I did was just start adding the <image/> elements with a <image:title/> and <image:loc/> to each <url> element and that was it.

What I missed though, is that I needed to update the xmlns in my <urlset/> element. For one I needed to add the new xmlns:image="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-image/1.1" attribute to account for the <image> namespace I was adding, my original xmlns was also out of date so I needed to update it to "0.9" while I was there.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I will definitely do this too. I have a huge wallpaper site called www.wallpaperwars.com and need to get it indexed.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's definitely making a difference on one of the sites I implemented it on. The number of indexed images has tripled. The pages where these images show have been in the sitemap for months and the images had never been indexed before now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts