How come Google has zero pages indexed for my website?

• gregsvintageguitars
  • gregsvintageguitars

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I am on my 4th incarnation of my website, I could surf the web and answer email when I started. I have done all the work myself learning as I go and have done okay, I guess.

I am stuck and can not figure how to get better listings in Google. Google has like zero pages indexed for my website? I am reading all I can here but most of the posts are well, over my head. Oh, my website is gregsguitars dot net and has plenty of backlinks and links within contents on friends page, and throughout the site embedded.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Greg,

I would start by getting rid of the barely readable text in the footer. Google can tell when the color of the text is close to the background, and when they see stuff like that they usually immediately penalize the site big time thus why you probably have zero results in google. I would get rid of everything in your footer past where it says "All rights reserved". Remove the links too. Definitely not helping you.

You also have really, really small text in the header that is barely readable which makes me think you only have it there for search engines. Bad idea. You need to make your site for its visitors, not Google or robots. You are actually hurting yourself here, because these days search engines can pick up on this and they will penalize you. Just make the site with lots of content aimed right at the visitor themselves. If you do that, and make all the text readable and visible for the visitor then I think you would do much better. Ignore the search engines, and make the site for the people who visit them. If you make a really quality site that people love, the traffic will follow as search engines will want to link to you then in higher rankings in their results.
  • nixwebo
  • nixwebo

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really is amazing what the SE's can see these days. About the only real way to trick google is to work hard do an honest days work...not so tricky is it...lol

I think that most people who are looking for next secret way to get ranked in Google are really missing the big picture. I mean, I have seen many google instant rank tricks work, but only for short periods of time. If you really want to build sites traffic, build some content that is worth reading and some links on high pr sites, this will do you righteous every time.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would also consider adding your site to Google Webmaster Tools. This may give you more information on what Google has a problem with. The same with Bing Webmaster tools. Even if you had 0 problems, these are good resources to keep a check on your site.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bing now has webmaster tools?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Bogey. http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmasters/

Make sure you're using a browser which supports Microsoft Silverlight before you check it out. The entire tool suite appears to depend on Silverlight.
  • bizlegal
  • Born
  • Born
  • bizlegal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of the times Google will index a new website gradually, yes. That is at least what I have observed with most of my websites. The speed at which Google will index all your internal pages will depend on different factors though.

If you get some very trusted and relevant backlinks, and on top of that you also have a very efficient internal link structure, all your internal pages will get indexed fast. If, on the other hand, you have very few backlinks and a poor link structure, it might take a while before you get to see all your pages indexed.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have told that your website is having the more number of backlinks but you haven't mentioned that the PR of the social websites which are having your website's backlinks because the PR of those sites which are having your website's backlinks should have high PR or else the backlinks in the low PR websites will be considered as useless. So, please try to create backlinks in the social websites which are having the high PR so that your website will be get indexed in the google easily and also frequent updation of content should be done as google will crawl only the websites which are having the frequent updation. So, if you follow these steps means then surely your website will be get indexed in the google search engine.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts