How would someone know if a pagerank on a site is fake?

• Jeany
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jeany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys! I am a newbie in this forum as well as in SEO. Just want to know if there's such thing as fake PR? How would someone know if a website's Google pagerank is fake?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, there is a fake PR if you used tools for your PR prediction. And here is the way on how to Detect Fake Pagerank

To detect Fake Pagerank, simply type in the webpage, such as http://www.SiteWithFakePR.com into Google's search and look at the cache. The cache will not be that of the site with Fake PR, it will be the site with the actual PR. You can visit this link http://www.monetizers.com/fake-pr.php
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's just like real PR, a fake indicator of a sites popularity.

The site has a PR of 8, therefore it must be popular with 8/10 of Jims pet hamsters.
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

can use the google cache or the info command.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fake Page Rank or Fake PR is just like real PR. It's a fake indicator of a sites popularity. You can easily check for a Fake PR. If you visit a web page and think that it has fake PR then you can single check the page as given below:

Search on google for the webpage or domain like-

info:yoursite.com

If no results or unmatched results for the entered URL comes then it means web page has a Fake PR and if google results a single page for the query entered and that is same as the URL entered for check means that PR is correct and not fake.
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007

Post 3+ Months Ago

how can a PR be fake?
  • AngelaE8654

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why people would fake a PR, I'll never know. Wouldn't it be better to simply work on the site until it has good PR?
  • Artifexus
  • Artifexus

Post 3+ Months Ago

AngelaE8654 wrote:
Why people would fake a PR, I'll never know. Wouldn't it be better to simply work on the site until it has good PR?

Money. If you go to ebay, you can find plenty of domains that have PR4, 5, 6. They're mostly fake.

People starting out know enough to know what Page Rank is, but not that it can be faked, so they see a site/domain with high (fake) page rank and pay more for it.

If you can't tell, I bought a domain with a fake PR on ebay when I was just starting out in this game. Got burned (ebay/paypal won't protect you). I hope more people know about this and do DUE DILIGENCE when buying domains. There's fake page rank and invalid page rank that you really need to watch out for if you're buying existing domains.
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buying Fake PR is just like making a spammy site. This site will one day be penalized by Google.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Websites PR shows the strength of site and its popularity in search engine with good traffic on it. If a site have good PR then people trust on it.
  • Grouptivity
  • Grouptivity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fake PR would probably help someone sell their site to an unsuspecting buyer that has no CLUE about PR. PR, BTW, is becoming less relevant these days anyway... I mean, it still 'matters' but it doesn't necessarily determine your ultimate traffic value. You can have traffic, but a low PR.
  • aira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • aira

Post 3+ Months Ago

faking PR is such a lame trick used by some who are desperate to earn.. tsk tsk tsk
  • andykeating
  • andykeating

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh i never knew that there can be fake PR..Can google toolbar also show fake results???

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts