Intentional versus unintentional over optimization

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over optimization is when so much focus has been placed on making a page easy for search engines to work with, that it begins to become confusing or completely unusable for humans.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Trent Brownrigg
  • Trent Brownrigg
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stuffing your keywords everywhere as much as you can would be one part of over optimization that could hurt your rankings.
  • nixwebo
  • nixwebo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have always heard you should write to the reader, not write for the search engine. This should make your keywords come out naturally and not make google wonder why each page has the same % of keyword density and so forth :-)
  • Pixelink
  • Born
  • Born
  • Pixelink

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the algorithm has over 1,000 rules its factoring in an ever changing context are not SEO practices themselves not much better than wishful thinking.

I've watched for 4 years people go on and on and on about PR and the whole time my PR1, yes PR1 site ranked #1 -3 for over 20 terms for my niche. Then awhile back Google comes out and says page rank was just a geeky tool, it was never intended to spawn a whole industry and all that debate.

Ditto with meta tags- Google has not factored them in for awhile.

Write good content and spread the word organically and have a hobby or two the rest of the time.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is over optimization similiar to blackhat SEO? Something else I've noticed is you want to mix up your optimization techniques. Anchor text is one example of this.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts