Need starting basic SEO information to get strong positions

• kevinpascual
  • kevinpascual
  • Loc: Amsterdam

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm launching a new website, but I'm completely new to the modern SEO, the last time I marketed a website was... 10 years ago.

Is there a good working tutorial to go through to get good/strong positions as well as promote my business further?

Please advise something you have successfully tried. I went through a bulk of Google results on the topic, but there is too much information to handle, so I even not sure how to start.

Thank you!
  • backlinkninja
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

seomoz there are lots of useful infos. First of all as your website is new you have to pay attention to your onpage seo. With few words, user meta tags, titles, user friendly urls, unique content (here you can implement your targeted word), sitemaps, robots txt and such thing. Then after 1 one and a half month (depends on your website) you have to start with the offpage SEO (backlinks, social media bookmarks, social network profiles and so on) and then after 6-7 months if you work hard you will have awesome website with organic traffic which will bring you appropriate profit :) All depends on you!
  • The Leader
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Melbourne Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make sure your content on your home page has your keywords on it. I use GoRank to make sure my keyword phrases are the highest on the page. I also make sure the title has my keyword phrase in it and I usually only use a three word phrase for a new site so I just focus on the one keyword phrase.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

what about the google marketing system they have, from Google adwords to Google Analytics you will find more then enough marketing data. with a little research SEO is easy and people pay 10,000 a year to people to set it up and click their links everyday.
  • Microsys
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It can definitely pay off to research and read about seo and pcc. To get started maybe SEObook, but otherwise Google should give you are lot of relevant results
  • IJR112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IJR112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about the SEOMoz materials. That's really good to learn about on-page SEO. For off-page SEO, I would read forums like this one to learn how to do things like social bookmarking, article submissions, forum commenting, directory submissions, etc.
  • GurusInc
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is an excellent FREE online book that is kept pretty up-to-date, titled, "SEO in Practice".

Just so you'll know, they provide this free online book, so they can capture your email address. But they don't bombard you with spam, so I don't mind recommending them. The book tells you most of what you need to know and then tells you that their software will help you do it faster. But the important point is that they DO tell you what you need to know. If you're doing more than one website, then you might want to consider their software, because it really does help speed up the process. But you DON'T NEED it. You can do everything you need to do without it, so if you don't have the budget, don't worry.

You can do a search for it or find a link to it in our "Recommendations" section, on GurusInc.

There are some advanced things that are not in that online book that are covered in another book that isn't free. But since I wrote that other book and I'm not here to promote that book, I'll leave you to find that book yourself, should you ever get around to it. Besides, my book is only effective AFTER you have done all the things in "SEO in Practice." You don't want to consider spending money on another SEO book, till you read the free one. If you get to number one, then you won't need any more books. QED.

John Gaver
  • Moola Mails
  • Moola Mails

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the most important thing is to get quality backlinks to your website. Text links should work best. Try to get text links to your site with your chosen keywords as the links. This should have you ranking for those keywords faster than just getting the links.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Moola Mails wrote:
I think the most important thing is to get quality backlinks to your website. Text links should work best. Try to get text links to your site with your chosen keywords as the links. This should have you ranking for those keywords faster than just getting the links.

back links are not worth it, i have never back linked or anything of the sort i just cover the basic's and i get my traffic. All you need is the basic's really because the crawling bots are smarter then you think and can tell when your screwing with it. As said above make sure you have a site map so the bots can find it and then they know where to find everything to add to database :)

Make sure you have good content, no one is going to return to a site with bad content.

Make sure it looks good, you want to leave a good impression on that visitor so they tell a friend. Look at social network there is no better way then word of mouth.......tell me i am wrong about that!

Interactivity is good so instead of HTML use php and some java so you can make some pretty colors fly around, remember you want to leave a foot print on the behind of the visitor so they remember you for a while not forget when they get to the next site.

Also things take time.....look at most web sites and how long they been around. Most sites don't get peak popular for at least a few years as people are still trying to find it. Ozzu has been around for like 8 years and if you look at any post at any time there is a good 50-200 guests looking at that single post and there is 10,000's of posts. Ozzu is kicking ass in the visitor department as they got amazing content.

There is no magic wand that will make consistent traffic instantly just because you added something millions of other web sites have.......

If you got a good idea, make it, grow it and make love to it if you have to but just keep it running. If you have a good enough idea you will take off and there is millions of computer users out there so go get their attention lol

(enough of a novel post lol)
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, look for search engine optimization guide.
Second, find ways to get quality online traffic.
Third, set clear aims for future and find out better solution for your specific niche.
  • afoley77
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • afoley77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Content is king these days. So focus on fresh, unique and interesting content for your website. you can also learn from seomoz about all recent SEO techniques to increase your PR and traffic.
  • gokhlesh
  • Born
  • Born
  • gokhlesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

content writing, blog submission and white-board animation video you can choose for your website to boost the traffic and popularity.Make sure that the creativeness and uniqueness for content is necessary to increase the traffic
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the modern SEO, we are doing the following things to promote the PR of our site.
1. Creating more useful backlinks
2. Updating the content of the site frequently
3. Doing the posting of articles, social bookmarking,Blog post and forum post in high PR Sites.
4. Using the AT Related to the site concept
5. keywords used for the site should be related to the content of the site and also the keyword should be a valuable one.
  • hopelitten
  • Loc: kissimmee fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Directories
Forum posts
Emails
Social media
If all properly executed are great ways to gain SERP. patients is the number one thing to remember. Hope this helps a little! :)
  • fuzzytron
  • Born
  • Born
  • fuzzytron

Post 63 days ago

First what you must do it is on-page optimization, find and fix all errors, wornings, meta data tags, alt tags, h1 - most important things.
Page Speed - optimize images and other

Only after on-page optimization will be done, you can start off-site work! Post on relevant, quality and authority websites your articles and informations!

This can help your website ranking in search!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts