Our Google Page Rank is 0

• MichaelMaxim

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO and I are working on our business site and need some help with our page ranking. Currently it's 0. We've added some things like a sitemap, reorganized keywords, shorter descriptions, etc. Any help or insight for us would be greatly appreciated. Since I can't post links here... how do I share my site for you guys to review?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The way you do your sitemap, keywords, descriptions, content, etc will not directly affect your Google Pagerank. The Google Pagerank score you see is simply based off of the types of websites that link to you, that is all. Anything you change on your website will not directly affect your pagerank score unless it causes people to want to link to you more, also known as link bait. Many websites will put some sort of content up to get people to want to share you links with others, and that is the sort of stuff that can help you get a better Google Pagerank.

Please keep in mind that getting a better Google Pagerank may not do much for you still. Google uses over 200 signals that are either onpage signals or off page signals. Onpage signals are everything you can control which is what you described above. Offpage signals are things that are done on other websites that can affect your rankings.

If your only goal is getting a higher pagerank, then I would focus on trying to get people to link to you. If, however, you are trying to get better rankings in Google keep in mind that there is much more to do than just get a nice Google Pagerank.

What I typically do is create a website that people will truly love, try to create the best website in your niche. If you can make something better than all of your competitors than you will likely do well in search engines over time.
  • MichaelMaxim

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay that makes total sense. So I guess link building is really what we should concentrate on for a higher page rank and then start addressing our onpage and offpage signals or items that Google uses as well.

It's hard to create a website that people truly love in my line of work because it's all sales related. It's about what we do and how we do it since we're a IT managed services provider. There's thousands of these companies online and we all have pretty much the same style of site...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you need is a way to stand out to encourage people to link to you. Here are a few other ideas if you have the resources that could help get people linking that type of website.

For instance, even though your website is a sales website, that doesn't mean you can't make blog section to talk about the industry, or related items that your visitors would be interested in. For example, I am sure you have heard of GoDaddy which basically just tries to sell you web releated services, but did you know they also have a blog there, and the CEO is constantly creating controversial ads that get people talking about GoDaddy? I am sure you have seen the SuperBowl ads. I am not saying you need to go that extreme, but its an idea that worked well for them.

Other ideas could be some sort of fantastic sale that is unheard of just to get your name out there. While something like that might end up costing you money, it could be a way to get your site out there via word of mouth and start getting links to it. In my opinion word of mouth is the best sort of advertising you can get, but its also that which can get people to start linking to you naturally which affects your Google Pagerank.

If I were you I would first look at all of your competitors, and see what they are doing. Your goal is to exceed that, and remember you don't just have to "sell" products. Ozzu sells products too, but we also do a large part to provide a huge resource to our visitors. Anyway these are just all ideas, there are multiple ways you could get people interested in visiting your website, you just gotta think outside the box and be creative.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

if this is a new project keep in mind about the sandbox time for the first few months.
  • Elia1234
  • Elia1234

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with "Zealous", I think Michael has done right buy first doing on-page techniques. For a brand new site, the off-page ones are better to be started once 3-4 months have passed, in order that the sandbox fluctuations dissapear.
When it comes the time to reach for the off-page techniques, I would recommend:
- social media marketing
- directory submission
- managing a company blog
- Google Ads (maybe, according to your budget)
  • Tophead
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tophead

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try link and article directory submission, guest posting, dofollow blog commenting etc. Help google to find your website easier and your PR will improve!
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Main ideas about zero PR rank of inner pages:
1. Fail of inner linking strategy.
2. Bad priority of external links (prefer targeting the homepage)
3. Trust and popularity of low range.
  • afoley77
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • afoley77

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your site is new then first of all do on-page optimization for your website. Add your website to Google webmaster and Google analytics. Once you have done on page optimization of your website then go with off page optimization techniques like directory submission, forum posting, blog posting, commenting, article submission, yahoo answering, Profile link creation, link wheel, classified adds, social bookmarking, Bookmarking of your blogs, web 2.0 submissions and others..
  • TroubleShooter
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone still interested in Google PR? Honestly - I don't know why do you need PR more than 0. It doesn't affect to your positions in Google... It did affect earlier but now - doesn't.
  • Edupark123
  • Born
  • Born
  • Edupark123

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is nothing to do with PR. The only thing we want is traffic. Hence think of attracting more traffic to your site by doing some On page and Off page optimization.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts