Page Rank Update Megathread (update 31.12.2009)

• Gandalf
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

toolbar updates but some time after total PR update. Our company had PR update like two months ago. I guess with 'PR increase' deals it is still good idea to buy it but you need to keep in mind that it will not show up right away but with time. If link is added to backlink PR will follow - sooner or later ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

darksat wrote:
Im assuming thats a rough estimate.
have a feeling the next quaterly PR update might just be what I need.
Im at 670 in the serps for my target phrase and climing at about 30 positions a day.
Hope it keeps up/Gets faster

What is serps and also what is the sandbox thing?

I don't quite understand these two terms.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

try search serps and sandbox in ozzu.
lots of threads on all those.

:-)
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

dolay wrote:
there are some hot news about PR update for me also want to share them with you...
We must forget the Toolbar PR update because Google is updating PR's at every backlink update but it doesnt shown at the Toolbar for the third time but The PR updates are visible :D only for Google dir listed pages:
1- here is the Ozzu http://directory.google.com/Top/Compute ... nd_Forums/ Ozzu seems having a PR8 but now or at the previous BL update it has back to the PR7 :roll:
2- about our site thats is listed here http://directory.google.com/Top/Compute ... Hosting/N/ now showing a PR6 but The Toolbar still shows pr5 for the last 2 months.

I dont know the way of report new PR's for the other sites but if you have your site listed at Google Dir. you are so lucky but not just for noticing your new PR also I am assuming that Google give much much more value to the sites that listed at their Directory.

Quote:
Dolay - I wouldn't totally rely on that Google directory still. The Google Directory has never ever shown Ozzu to be PR8, it has always been PR7 or below but in fact we have been PR8 for many many months when still it was showing 7 in the Google directory.

i made a deep investigation about this issue since that time and i found some important issue about the directory.google.com PR's.
1- Yes they are updated at every BL update regarding ToolBar PR update since last 2-3months.
2- The PR bars at the directory.google.com have scale of 7 not 10steps as ToolBar PR
3- Directory.google.com PR was realy synchronized with the ToolBar PR until the last 3 BL updates

You may safely check your PR if your site listed at the directory.google.com because Google updating PR's at the directory.google.com without any problem since the begining however this PR bars have 7 steps not 10 !
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

My main term is going up but most of the rest are going down.

Search Term Rank up/down Best Date
company formation 659 20 659 06/09/2004
offshore company formation 563 -20 533 06/09/2004
offshore company formation online 419 -1 407 06/09/2004
offshore company incorporation 583 -10 522 06/09/2004
company formation online 512 7 499 06/09/2004
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, there is a backlink update in progress.

Your new results can be viewed on this google datacenters so far:

I moved up from 109 to 139 :)
  • Solutions
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice quick observation.

I was working on of my index pages. Noticed that my PR was a big "0" though it is and very old site - in DMOZ, Yahoo and loads of links. Hopefully it will change to a somewhat norma state during the update. My deeper pages have been updated and gained some backlinks.

Google, What the heck is going on?
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it normal for google to drop record of your backlinks while it does an update? I could swear yesterday when i checked backlinks it showed 120+ and I visited many of them and now it only shows 29 and a lot that i just looked at yesterday are gone??? doesn't seem like the search results have changed particularly on the keywords i'm targeting though.
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm now that i look at it it was an allinurl: i did that showed 129 links... why wouldn't google show those pages in a link list? hmm
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

bbott1982 wrote:
Hey, there is a backlink update in progress.

Your new results can be viewed on this google datacenters so far:

I moved up from 109 to 139 :)

Well spotted :)

Ozami jumped from 0 backlinks to 796 - having some good progress recently!
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just checked and if i look for sites containing the url in my domain it shows a lot including ones that are links that don't show up in the list of links that only shows 12 (which I know isn't true)... anyone know why this might be (pages that are in google w/ my link not showing up in list of sites linked to my page)? i checked and they are actually linked to my page, not through a script. why would this be?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone else notice that this backlink update has reversed......? I've checked a few sites that had updated, all the results are back to what they were before the update.....
  • zalmoxe
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • zalmoxe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, Jess. Just noticed the same thing with 3 of my sites that showed updated backlinks few hours ago, and now are back to the number of backlinks they had before the update. That is the reason I ran to ozzu, to se if somebody else has the same problem ( I was afraid I was blacklisted for some reason :oops: )

This is also my first post here so Hello everybody! I have been reading you for a while now, and finally I had the courage to post something :wink:
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

no updates on BL for my two sites :(, well hope to see soon...

any major changes coming soon?

kashyap
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Bc, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

My SAGA of trying to even make the search engines for the term " digital camera " and "sony digital camera " continues.... I have achieve a 2/10 pagerank so far and I am spending a good majority of my time attempting to build links.

Yesterday google even displayed 10 links with link:www.baraginfindsonebay.com but today they just disapeared I show a total of 462 for allinurl:www.bargainfindsonebay.com

hmmm maybe google just doen't like me? I mean yahoo.com likes me msn.com likes me. Why won't google.com show me some love?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

zalmoxe wrote:
Yes, Jess. Just noticed the same thing with 3 of my sites that showed updated backlinks few hours ago, and now are back to the number of backlinks they had before the update. That is the reason I ran to ozzu, to se if somebody else has the same problem ( I was afraid I was blacklisted for some reason :oops: )

This is also my first post here so Hello everybody! I have been reading you for a while now, and finally I had the courage to post something :wink:

Glad you finally posted - and welcome to Ozzu! :P
I had the same worry about blacklisting when I checked my first site! Nothing worse is there? lol.

Quote:
hmmm maybe google just doen't like me? I mean yahoo.com likes me msn.com likes me. Why won't google.com show me some love?

Don't take it personally Kevin - we all want some love from Google :(
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I find it strange that I get my first 10 links on google and then the next day they take them away. I mean I busted my buns posting all over everywhere I am doing paid sponsorships for about a billion links all over the net . Whats it take google.com ? Do I need to bribe the admins like all the other digital camera websites ?

Cheers,
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kevins_Kevlar wrote:
Well I find it strange that I get my first 10 links on google and then the next day they take them away. I mean I busted my buns posting all over everywhere I am doing paid sponsorships for about a billion links all over the net . Whats it take google.com ? Do I need to bribe the admins like all the other digital camera websites ?

Cheers,

Canon digital camera?

Yea, but they didn't just do it to you - one of my sites jumped from 0 - 700+ links - next day - they all gone.

What i'll take from the update is that at least I know google have recognised the links and they are taking them into account. Otherwise they never would have displayed them.

From the people i've spoken too - this whole update was reversed.
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most likely because it helped my site out too much and phil askey complained ... * joke * regarding pay offs.
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recognize you your that dave guy arn't you..

You serious about the backlink question?

What are you the janitor around here?

A backlink is a link back to your website that the search engines count as a vote if you have good anchor text making yor climb higher in the search engines with more relevant higher ranked keyword searches...... Breath....
  • Sunday
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name is Steve, Dave's not here.

thanks for the info though. I probably should of used google to find an explanation but now it's prolly just linking back here.

I go by Sunday Silence elsewhere :anonymous:
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

weird...
one of my sites has just received a PR update.
on 22-10-04 to be precise :?
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
weird...
on 22-10-04 to be precise :?

Really, another PR update?

Is your PR now insync w/ the google directory PR ?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

the update is only to one site, the other sites are pretty much the same. seems to be a very late update for the site!!
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
the update is only to one site, the other sites are pretty much the same. seems to be a very late update for the site!!

Oh ok... well google has been hammering my site and has found over 1,000 more pages w/ backlinks to our site. So i wouldn't be surprised if we saw an update or pr update soon.

There has been a ton of serp movement the past couple days...
  • Solutions
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
weird...
on 22-10-04 to be precise

Well, I havent seen an update since the 16.10.2004 which effect is now gone again.

One thing I noticed today is that in the SERP that I am currently hunting the total number of results in my native language dropped from around 350.000 to 301.000 ? Is it just me that havent been paying attention to this earlier or is this a sign of something going on at Google?

Does the number of results in Googles index normally switch that much around?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol. something is wrong or weird at google man!
it doesnt make sense sometimes. lol.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welp, the moment has arrived, Google has updated their backlinks.

Our site jumped up by about 110 links:)

Data centers that are showing the changes so far include the following:

Hope everyone made out ok :)
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I got backlink updated :) , Its 28 now from 7

kashyap
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

0 - 796 Thats what I call progress :)

Lets just hope they keep the results this time!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 740 posts