Page Rank Update Megathread (update 31.12.2009)

• George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is your main search term?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, I would recommend against posting your search term here. I have learned from experience that OZZU has this nasty tendancy to rank higher than you if your favored search tearm is posted here.

This tool posted by others will let you see exactly what the results would be for your search term without haveing to go through all the results manually:
http://www.mcdar.net/q-check/datatool.asp

Can't remember who posted that originally, but *tips my hat for that handy little link.
  • southerngurl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • southerngurl
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, then I'll just say it's the brand of dog food for sale on the website.

That tool above does not show me in google at all. :shock:

This just better be temporary!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually you are listed to some degree. In fact for the way I typed it I see some datacenters have you listed at 39th result where others have you way down around 600 or so and some not at all. I'll try a couple other variations of it. For another phrase I used I see you at 63 on some datacenters. I'll PM you the terms I used. As far as that tool, be sure to check each radio button and try the term again to see all the datacenter results. And as you can see by some of the other topics here Google is doing some big reshuffling, so I guess we'll all see how it pans out.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, MSN is still not sending the amount of traffic Google is sending spread over about 50 sites. The only place I see this happening is with the site's of mine that lost their positioning in Google.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Actually I can agree with this. Msn is sending us a good number of hits more than Google is at the moment. That has to be a concern for Google......

I think its just publicity.

or technical reasons.
are the hits doing your sites good?

doesnt look like it for mine. :shock:
  • designcodes
  • designcodes

Post 3+ Months Ago

my sites retained PR5 and PR4 some new pages gained PR2.
overall happy with this update.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

This last update shouldn't have done anything to Pagerank, only with serp positioning. You may be thinking about the January 1st update.

No one else had their Pagerank change did they?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a PR 4, however I just checked at McDar and this data center is now showing me at PR 0

In addition, on the last Backlink update I jumped from 21 to 199 backlinks. Now there are 7 datacenters showing me at the old 21 number. Although all but that one still show the current PR4

Here's the kicker. All but one of those 7 datacenters that show me at that old backlink number show my old serps. Here's a list of the datacenters that show my old "good" results.

• George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Veto,

Page rank didn't jump at all.

SERP did and so did backlink count. But as ATNO/TW said, the datacenters seem to be showing inconsistencies with the backlinks.

Hey ATNO/TW - nice work on the 10000 big ones. Keep a drink cold for me when I get there (in 72 yrs time).

Btw, how do you force google to use a particular datacenter. For example, say I want to do link:www.mysite.com using 216.239.53.99. Is this possible?

Cheers.

Later guys..
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to http://216.239.53.99
That puts you in that datcenter. Then do your searches
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ATNO/TW.

It's interesting to note the discrepancies between them. I would rather work off one that's most up-to-date.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can force the toolbar to use a particular data center for search results and PR display by adding this line to your hosts file.

216.239.53.99 toolbarqueries.google.com

You can find the hosts file in your Windows folder.
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool tip phaugh.

That's for default right - I presume you can still force a datacenter using the IP?
  • southerngurl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • southerngurl
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't get it, google hates me so much, yet it is caching my site daily. It didn't do that so often before.
  • MichiganAl
  • Born
  • Born
  • MichiganAl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've done a few websites over the last two years for myself and some small business in my area. It's a hobby more than a business, but I've studied SEO pretty extensively. The latest Google update dropped all 4 of my sites from page 1 for relevant terms to complete oblivion. I can't for the life of me understand what happened. The sites are all done with high standards, nothing fishy, no word stuffing, irrelevant links. Just relevant text rich with important keywords and valuable information. My links going out and coming in are all pertinent. My rankings with MSN and Yahoo are great.

I saw someone ask if it could be the hosting company. My sites are all hosted through Thinkhost. Anyone heard of problems with them?

My personal site is http://www.detroitnotary.com. Any ideas?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

anybody with web sites that are hosted on different ips,

and yet dropped to oblivion by google?

this is interesting if so...
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not think it is a hosting problem, as I have been sites on numerous ips.

I still think that everyone's site will come back eventually. I believe it is just temporary.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

One site is back in full force, page one for every keyword. I think more of you should start seeing your positioning returning.
  • MichiganAl
  • Born
  • Born
  • MichiganAl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I still think that everyone's site will come back eventually.

I hope you're right. This dance just seems different than the ones I've seen over the years. I usually see my sites drop for a day or two, or go back and forth for a few weeks. But this time, they've all dropped and stayed there. It's giving me an ulcer!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look back to the Florida Update. And as I said just before...one of my sites just came back all together.
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its funny but now the backlinks are driving me crazy and its still going up and down for me.
When I try our site to test link update:

link:www.cyberax.net

Sometimes it is 567 and sometimes 218 (old).

I have been noticing this behaviour from the last 3 weeks now. So this leads me to believe that Google has not yet updated all its datacenters with the last BL update.

Though I am not totally confident but I feel it may so happen that vetofunk just have fetched results from the old datacenter.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Vijay
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I trust vetofunk's expertise and experience. I'll just wait until Google puts me back where I belong. In the meantime, I'm still getting plenty of traffic from MSN and Yahoo so no complaints. If Google wants to ignore that it's their choice.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

hopefully so.
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before someone misinterprets me I would like to comment that I never had a doubt on Vetofunk's experience and expertise.

I just stated what I thought could be a possible reason as I myself have been noticing such things from the past 3 weeks.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

open discussion here cyberax. no worries!! :-)

hey veto, your timing is impeccable.
my site that has many words dropped to oblivion, is regaining positioning for some of its keywords.

are you ..... a robot?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everyone's sites should slowing start coming about now.

I had sushi today with a few top Google reps from Chicago for Google Adwords today. I tried to get some information from them today about this problem, but they actually never heard anything about this update. I informed them about it and they were pretty clueless...except with ppc. They ensured me that having ppc ads had nothing to do with your free search positioning changes lately.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Googlebot hit hard about 7PM EST last night for most of the night. Had close to 5000 hits from them yesterday altogether. In fact month to date as of this morning's stats I have 31394 from Google. In fact that number is 3 times the total amount of hits from Google I've had in the last 6 months combined.
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I also noticed the same thing on all our forums and websites.

I think Google will also be now more active crawling like MSNBot.

Cheers,
Vijay
  • av1972
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • av1972
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have my personal website "http://www.aurelvoiculescu.com". if i do a search for "aurel voiculescu" using Yahoo or MSN it shows on the top of the list. It used to be the same in Google but now I cannot even find it.

Any thoughts with what I need to do?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 740 posts