Page Rank Update Megathread (update 31.12.2009)

• SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my new health site has gone up to pr 3 from 0 so that’s really good. I was hoping it would be a pr4 but oh well. A few of my sites have decreased.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

cyberax wrote:
IMHOM Google now penalizes Reciprocal Linking sites.

No not at all. It's just the threshold for achieving PR keeps getting harder.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

the pr8 sites that i know whom sells backlinks, about 5sites, all fall to the pr7. Also bluefind directory seems banned
I said that Google was hunting
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don’t see how they can ban Bluefind and not SevenSeek or Microsoft’s Small Business directory... or is it only a matter of time.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally ... a PR and BL update!

I am still investigating but to me it looks like INTERNAL links have been downgraded. For my established sites, every internal page lost rank.

But you have to remember, last year Google made PR easy to get .... everybody was PR-5. Now it seems to be a little harder.

SERPs don't look like they have changed yet ... guess we'll hear about those over the next couple of days
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seeing jumps all over...I have quite a few PR7's and one PR8 site now. It's still jumping back and forth though. The water will settle within a few days.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

McDar's servers are all swamped. Anyone have another similar tool they use?
  • Byzantium
  • Student
  • Student
  • Byzantium
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/future-pagerank/
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm aware of that one, but I was hoping to see it broken down by datacenters like McDar's tool does, but you SEO guys are all hogging it *lol
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Muahahaha
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

This one is still working right now ...

http://www.pageranktool.net/
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Seeing jumps all over...I have quite a few PR7's and one PR8 site now. It's still jumping back and forth though. The water will settle within a few days.
Glad in the name of you Veto, i am seeing that all of our efforts just help us to keep our current ranks. Google hunted all the direct link exchangers since internal links are also a direct linexchanging between the pages so they have hunted too..

The water settle in few days? i am assuming we are already at the settled waters, this PR update is based on 2-3 weeks ago's hidden backlinks update not new because we and some friends have the backlinks that are not existing more than 2 weeks!

The only settled issue is that all the datacenters synced and that is the face of Google what we will take the harm or benefit of it until next updates.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally an update. I am seeing changes as well.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I say settled, I meant that datacenters would all read the same. This way everyone can start there link exchange campaigns once again and get even more relevant and better PR'd sites.

We should see a nice or not so nice serp change in the next few weeks.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

How are you gurus magically getting into McDar to see this? I've had server busy errors all day, not to mention yesterday when I checked and could get in, not only did I not see any PR changes, all datacenters showed zero backlinks on all datacenters when I know for a fact that Google has over 900 for me.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are lots of ways to check PR ...

There is another site that checks some data centers above.

You can also use the toolbar or checksum calculators to check individual sites.

BTW - Many of my link parnters have lost PR from their link pages. Looks like Google has scaled everyone back. Even Google, Microsoft, Altavista are PR-9.

Are there any PR-10 left?
  • wormser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wormser

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you can check datacenters on seoguy.com
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Even Google, Microsoft, Altavista are PR-9.

funny. google, yahoo are still showing pr10 on my side -australia!! :lol:
  • Matt_M_
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bah! The PR update has reversed!
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like it.
some of my sites dropped in pr and went back to original pr. others remained constant with the new PR.

anybody noticed anything like that? :-)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The reason your PR may have seemed to switch back is because you are likely loading from a Google datacenter which hasn't updated its PageRank yet. Throughout the day you are loading PageRank from different datacenters, they do this to help balance out loads, etc. Anyway until all of their datacenters are updated it may appear that your PageRank fluctuates back and forth.

For me right now I am seeing OLD PageRanks again, but for others they are still seeing the new PageRanks. It all depends on what datacenters you are loading from, the updated or the ones not updated yet.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

all of my sites have their pagerank updated on all servers as far as i can tell..
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah the PR are bouncing back and forth for me for past few days.

Best to wait out for full update, like you've said BWM. Currently, back to new PR.
  • glennfoster
  • Born
  • Born
  • glennfoster

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must admit, google does seem to be in decline for one reason or another, but the offerings frmo Yahoo and MSN dont compell me to search anywhere but google.

I have many problems getting my current website into the results despite success with previous sites.

After 6 months 99% of my pages have no snapshot. After 6 months one domain name isnt even indexed at all.

So much for the "Rolling Update"

Im Guessing their are problems at google that we dont know about and google isnt telling anyone about it.

This is nothing to do with the lack of traffic im receiving to my new site, i couldnt give two hoots at the end of the day as i have done my job well.

I cant help it if search engines are starting to take 12 months to start behaving themselves when new sites are submitted for indexing.
I dont think this is anything other than google being broken and the task of fixing it probably requires a lot of manpower which is already taken up with google gmail, local search and other beta google bolox.

Glenn
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

To let everyone know, there is a big update chugging along. Take a look at a few of the different data centers.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
vetofunk wrote:

I still think that everyone's site will come back eventually. I believe it is just temporary.

Well, veto, you were right on the money, at least for me. After the last backlink update, my results are back to pretty much where they were before the Feb 5th update.

If it wasn't for your thoughts quoted above and elsewhere, I would have been very frustrated. It did take some patience to wait it out though, but the good news is you were right.

//as a sidenote - taffic from Google kicked in bigtime again the last couple days.

Glad I could ease your frustration. :P
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
To let everyone know, there is a big update chugging along. Take a look at a few of the different data centers.

Yeah -- I was surprised nobody started a top level post on it. Yahoo is also updating. And right now my best traffic for the last couple months has consistantly been from Yahoo.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:

This is a very very big update
can clearly seen at 64.233.167.104 [may switch from this datacenter but]
  • webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if it is Google toolbar going crazy, or did Google Pagerank just update? Most sites seem to have a different pagerank (Yahoo only has 9).
  • BillW
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes it did.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 740 posts