Understanding Google Indexing

• Hapheston
  • Born
  • Born
  • Hapheston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello people
I m new to this forum (really and awesome one I must say). I needed some explanation on Google Indexing. Basically once a webpage is crawled or fetched by a GoogleBot, What exactly google does to that webpage and how does it get stored?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It most likely get stored on one of Google's servers somewhere, and exactly what Google does to analyze that page nobody really knows. Matt Cutts, who works at Google, has stated that they use over 200 different signals to figure out how to rank pages for different keywords.
  • saxena
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • saxena
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

You must read Google Guidelines published by Google. I am sure you will get to know how Google crawls website and how your website is ranked.
  • linkbullets
  • linkbullets
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is better to first understand Google crawling and the algorithm which is responsible for the ranking so that one can effectively know the way Google index those pages.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

All right linkbullets, I'm going to call you out on that one and tell you I think you're blowing smoke out your shorts. Unless you are one of the google programmers that writes their algorithms, there is no way in hell that you can understand it.

You are using generic terms to try to sound like you know what you're talking about when in fact, I don't think you have a clue.
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google guys using more than 500 factors and complicated metrics for indexing. Use search engine optimization guide to influence index priority of your site.
  • afoley77
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • afoley77

Post 3+ Months Ago

when you submit a website to a search engine then crawler crawls your website and fetch all the information from your anchor text or hyper linked keywords and knows all about your website. then according to the content quality and quality of back links of your website, Google save and index your site In its Index system.You can read Google guidelines for more information.
  • seoindia1
  • seoindia1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Googlebot gives the indexer the full text of the pages it finds. These pages are stored in Google’s index database. This index is sorted alphabetically by search term, with each index entry storing a list of documents in which the term appears and the location within the text where it occurs. This data structure allows rapid access to documents that contain user query terms.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 72 days ago

First of all when a google bot crawls a web page it checks whether the content present in the website is related to the title of the websiteby comparing after that it wioll check whether the content is an original content or a duplicate one. If the content is original means then it will index the site in it or else it will not index the site. This is known as google indexing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts