My website's Google Pagerank went to zero

• SMIBROKER
  • SMIBROKER

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me out here, I manage a mortgage brokerage site syndicatemortgages(dot)com which had a PR 2 but now it fell to zero. I cant figure out what I did that made it go down, I updated contents everyday, submitted the site to 1000+ directories, managed the sitemap, submitted .xml site map to Google which was updated from 58 URLS to 330+, submitted out articles to "myarticlenetwork" so we can get back links to our site etc. After doing so much work, I was excited to see the site go up, but ironically it went down.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I've had sites zero out shortly after an update, I've just left them alone for a week or two, they've always come right back to life.
  • SMIBROKER
  • SMIBROKER

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, I should stop updating the sites contents and directory submissions for more then two weeks?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm saying you should keep on doing whatever it is you are doing, and don't worry about it unless a couple of weeks go by without any change.

If you watch the videos on Googles quality assurance blog, that's pretty much what they tell you to do anyways. :)

Unless you feel guilty about something, if that's the case you should clean that up and then submit a reconsideration request to Google detailing exactly what it was you cleaned up. Again, what they tell you to do in the videos. :)
  • SMIBROKER
  • SMIBROKER

Post 3+ Months Ago

THANK YOU JOEBERT. I APPRECIATE YOUR QUICK RESPONSE AND GUIDANCE.
  • SMIBROKER
  • SMIBROKER

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry Joebert, can you provide me the link to Google's quality assurance blog and if encase i need to send in the reconsideration to Google where I might find that?

Again, much appreciated.
  • Blackwood
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Blackwood

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had many pagerank fluctuations both up and down but losing it completely would concern me. If you run your site through a search engine spam detector it shows there is some invisible text. Some search engines could interpret this as spam. This could be perfectly innocent and not the cause of the pr drop. However, if it was my site i would not want any invisible text on my pages.
  • SMIBROKER
  • SMIBROKER

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did the same search, and I can see the invisible texts. I have my guys working on fixing it, hopefully it will resolve the issue. Is there anyway of contacting Google and have them reconsider our sites PR ranking due the a unintentional mistake which we are fixing now?

Thanks for the heads up Blackwood, much appreciated.
  • Blackwood
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Blackwood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Assuming there are no other issues, once it has been rectified you can use the request reconsideration link in google webmaster tools. Be patient because it might take a while to get your pr back.
  • SMIBROKER
  • SMIBROKER

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Blackwood, I spoke with my Tech team and they advised the invisible links are the javascript which is used for our top tool bar. And they advised its a standard within the industry, i am not sure now if this was the issue which caused our PR ranking to go down.
  • peter0611
  • Born
  • Born
  • peter0611

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you're not updating your site, link to a non-relevant site, or not promoting it that good. So if that's the case, research for good website (only relevant site) and manage your target keywords.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's the video I was referring to. Watch it. It will clear up a lot of the questions you've asked, and ones you haven't gotten to yet. :)
Be sure to note it's on the Google Webmaster Central channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G959-2RlPyA
  • SMIBROKER
  • SMIBROKER

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you! I submitted for a reconsideration, I believe it was from the link exchange my sites PR was lost. Thus, I removed it and asked for the reconsideration. I will cross my fingers and hope it comes back, and if it does I will post this so others dont do the same mistake as I did.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm. I used to have a PR4 once upon a time with my forum. When I upgraded to phpbb3 my PR went to zero. It's been zero ever since. I still get a bunch of search engine traffic from Google and if you happen to type my primary key phrases: boasting rights, boasting rights sports, boasting rights forums, boasting rights pools, my forum comes up first result on Google.

I guess I never understood the benefit of PR honestly.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The importance of PR is like the number of electoral votes each state is worth in a Presidential election. Means nothing to the state/site, but means everything to the person/site the states/sites "vote" is going to.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts