What is Penguin in actual?

• john-tracks
  • john-tracks

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am addressing all the senior members here in Ozzu to please guide the newbie SEOs about Penguin and Panda updates. I have heard that Penguin 2 has been launched and is up for all the coming days till its new update. How do we newbie survive. Need a lot clarification and update.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

from what i have read, basically stop worry about backlinks and keywords they are useless and the way you get up the ranks is building a healthy reputation and working on site content and interaction. give the people something to come back to and would like to revisit, returning visitors is worth lots of points to google. like years ago when everyone had to be told that meta tags is not a magic solution and same till today with keywords and backlinks and any other form of SEO that forces you up the list.

Put the same effort into upgrading the site and giving it a facelift will give the better impression and people will love to come back to it.

If you need some suggestions follow the rules to the web site review section and we may be able to suggest a few things.

But really just read Google policy's and keep updated with what's happening. there has been a few recent posts about this also so should look around ozzu as lots of handy information.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Penguins like this? lol
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Key idea of Google Panda - ban low quality sites, so before using SEO try to check unique content on the site.
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, almost forgot about recent free plagspotter site.Pretty easy to handle:)
  • afoley77
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • afoley77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Penguin is Google's update algorithm that is focused on decreasing the rank of low quality websites that are not according to the Google's existing guidelines.Penguin penalize the websites:
1) websites with low quality outgoing links in their blogs or other web pages.
2) website that is over optimized like keyword stuffing and using black hat SEOtechniques.
3)Aggressive use of exact-match anchor text
4) Overuse of exact-match domains
  • princesinha
  • Born
  • Born
  • princesinha

Post 3+ Months Ago

Panda algorithm released in 2011 to monitor sites, which have used other websites content without linking back to the original resource. also it penalizes web pages with Heavy ads and low quality content. Penguin is released on 2012 to penalize sites with low quality links like links from unrelated category sites, sites with Non- indexed search engine pages, approving websites without manual verification.
  • jesusbond
  • jesusbond

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmm, I really like your question i.e what is penguin ?
Well I think every body know about penguin but if we talk in the sense of Google update and algorithm then its different thing. I mean to say that now a days if we do over optimization of any website then its bad for that site and that website will be lost rank in Google or any other search engine. In the sense of SEO, according to Google Penguin update is based on over optimization, the latest is 2.1 penguin update. For more details, Kindly revert me back...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts