Why doesn't our page rank go up

• nicked
  • Born
  • Born
  • nicked

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been working on building links for almost a year now and update after update, our website is stuck on 1.
Someone told me that the name of the game has changed into being social and that in order to improve our page rank I should concentrate on improving our entourank which is all about social influence.
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated
Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO can be a tricky situation but there is about 100 factors that arrange your rankings.

The more human visitors the better
updated sitemaps
Easy navigation
Working search system
Fitting Meta Keywords
Social media comments
links connecting to other sites

^^
are just a few basic things that i am sure you have done all ready but i would check Google analytic to check what is happening and then try and work out what the next move is.

Little research and log watching can all ways bring up something new to improve.
  • skyman2610
  • Born
  • Born
  • skyman2610

Post 3+ Months Ago

PR is based on backlinks but I wouldn't worry about it. If you get traffic and your readers are happy, focus on that. PR means very little
thanks!!!!!!!!!
  • TheMachine

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page Rank is just an indication of value. It doesn't mean that much when it comes to getting rankings. It's just an overally measurement of the strength of your website in terms of size and backlinks.

There are tricks you can do to 'sculpt' page rank, but it's pointless unless you're trying to sell links to people.
  • BossMan1
  • BossMan1

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe you are not using the right keywords or maybe you are not making content? Make sure you check your content and your keywords, because you might be building links for nothing.
  • princesinha
  • Born
  • Born
  • princesinha

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no page rank update till 2014 as Matt said it on twitter. Keep earning links from niche sites. when google update PR Toolbar your site may get Higher PR for all web pages.
  • wykalaczajana
  • Born
  • Born
  • wykalaczajana
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even pages with PR 0 can land on first site in google search I know because my did :)
  • BossMan1
  • BossMan1

Post 3+ Months Ago

princesinha wrote:
There is no page rank update till 2014 as Matt said it on twitter. Keep earning links from niche sites. when google update PR Toolbar your site may get Higher PR for all web pages.

this is true! so do not focus on getting high pr ranks now. instead, focus on the users,what they want, what they need.
  • maadidevelop
  • Born
  • Born
  • maadidevelop

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page rank factor is old point of Google SEO. If you wanna improve serp, you should concentrate on PA(page Authority).
  • creamtown
  • creamtown

Post 27 days ago

Couldn't agree more with @skyman2610. My website has 0 PR but impressively it still lands a stable organic traffic from Google everyday, like around 40 to 50 per day. It's new website by the way. Hopefully, its PR will increase in the near future because i need some advertising offers from direct advertisers, which is more profitable than Google Adsense. Weirdly, many articles on my websites that are optimized with keywords from Google Adwords never receive a consistent traffic from Google, even after i left backlinks to all of those articles. But my normal articles (about product names) without any SEO keywords always land me a decent amount of traffic everyday. I think i'll go with the second strategy for the future. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts