Why isn't anyone talking about website speed optimization?

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems like a pretty important topic here for the community. However, I've searched and haven't been able to find any posts about this subject. Anyone here have any insight to share about SEO regards to the loading time your page takes?
  • Elia1234
  • Elia1234

Post 3+ Months Ago

Imo, it's not to get too stressed out about this topic. As Matt Cutts pointed out, site speed is not a crucial factor in terms of SEO: "fewer than 1% of search queries will change as a result of incorporating site speed into Google ranking".
On the other hand, if speeding up the site loading is not so important in matters of ranking, for keeping the visitors on your site and reduce bounce rates.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well in relation to this post I got my sites from a 10 second load time down to 2 seconds... Hasn't changed much in the serps, improved my analytics.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I recall, Matt Cutts had mentioned in one of his Youtube videos that PageSpeed is important to your visitors, and Google may use that as a signal in computing the rankings in the search results, but he also mentioned that the weight they put on the page speed is very low and in most cases it probably wouldn't make much of a difference in your rankings. His point was that page speed is important, but there are many other things that are way more important to focus on.

I do think that is great you got your page load time from 10 seconds down to 2 seconds, but I wouldn't expect it to change your position in the SERPs much.
  • website-seo
  • website-seo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Websites which load quick perform better on search engines. It is especially true for big websites like e-commerce portals.
  • PuneetJvw
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PuneetJvw
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i recall correctly it was said that this could be a factor in the future.

Page speed is also there in webmaster tools so i think if not already implemented they will take this into account sooner or later.

So it is better you reduce the size of your images and pages from now on.

Cheers.
  • john-tracks
  • john-tracks

Post 3+ Months Ago

well this thread should be continued again as pagespeed has become very important now a days. After Panda and Penguin even Google itself announced that Google count the factor of Page Speed and also have introduced page speed checker in analytic as well.

The only concern in page speed is the trimming of the useless code, change of images size, etc. etc.

What else should be considered to enhance the pagespeed?
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page loading time significantly depends on running web-engine.
In general:
- number of installed modules
- inner code optimization
- SEO

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts