$600-$700 Gaming PC

• Doctor B.S.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Doctor B.S.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I am new here and I was wandering what a good setup for a gaming PC would be in the range of $600-$700 and possibly a little higher. Thank you for your time in advance. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• NuAngel
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Erie, PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.magicmicro.com

More specifically:

http://www.magicmicro.com/smoreinfo.asp?iid=1346

Seriously. I bought mine in December for $749 (after some customizing) and haven't been disappointed. Plus, it's got a THREE YEAR warranty. Nobody else would even offer anything over 1, without charging nearly $300 more dollars.

Just one piece of advice, don't buy it stock like it is there, customize it a bit. I upped the CPU to the 3600+ (later became the 3700+ {see pic below}). I also got the minimal nForce4-X motherboard (Gigabyte K8NF-9) with PCI Express and a low end ATI x600. It's sufficient, until I get some more money to upgrade the video card later. But it plays most everything smooth as silk right now, I'm very happy with it.

Oh, and the CPU I got from them (now they carry the official 3700+, I do believe, but I got one of the old OEM chips labled 3600).

NuAngel
  • Doctor B.S.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Doctor B.S.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your input, but I was thinking more along the lines of building a PC from scratch. I already have a mouse that I can use for it, that's about it. Although I do have a GeForce 6600 GT that I could use also. Would you recommend this video card or should I just get a new (better) video card and keep the 6600 in my current computer?
  • NuAngel
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Erie, PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You want to build a computer from scratch because you have a mouse? lol... nice.

;) But yeah, the video card is actually pretty sweet. It'll do well in a modern machine. Is this an AGP or PCI Express version of the card? That will give others a starting point for making suggestions on a machine.

I would offer advice, but I'm out of the 'build it yourself' game. I built my last 3 omputers, but this one, with a 3 year warranty, is perfect for me and if something goes wrong, it can be SOMEONE ELSE'S problem, instead of my spending day after day trying to figure out what's wrong.

I guess to help others out, what are you looking for in the system you build? I mean, other than just gaming? Your price range, and "gaming" give people a good starting point, but they might want to know what else you're looking for.

Intel?
AMD?
Future proofing (64 bit)?
Hard drive for space (300GB)?
Hard drive for speed (10,000 RPM Raptor)?
5.1 sound? 7.1 sound? Headphones? lol

I guess, just giving more people some ideas of where else you wanna go with the computer. They'll be abl to help you from there.

NuAngel
  • Doctor B.S.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Doctor B.S.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will be using this computer for gaming, photoshop, internet, etc. Pretty much everything as it will be my primary PC other then this one. I would prefer AMD and a hdd in the range of 80GB-300GB. I'm not sure on the RPM, you decide what is best, as I am not very good at the hardware part of it. I don't really care about the sound. The video card is an AGP version BTW. I also need a monitor, preferably a 17" LCD.

Price range = Up to $800.

I hope that helps.
  • Doctor B.S.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Doctor B.S.

Post 3+ Months Ago

If someone could even point me to a good cheap laptop for Photoshop and some minor video editing that would be great too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts