Acer laptop battery won't charge.

• dark18
  • Born
  • Born
  • dark18

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm having problems with my Acer 5672WLMi battery. What happens is that whenever I plug the adapter into the mains, the laptop runs perfectly fine but the batter doesn't get charged up whether it is in use or not. However, whenever I run my laptop, the power management on the laptop seems to think that the battery life is 100%. It is really annoying because it means that I can't use the laptop away from a mains socket. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stretty
  • Born
  • Born
  • stretty

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ditto.... I have a 1691WLMi which developed a fault overnight. On battery the laptop powers up for 3 seconds and then dies. On Mains everything works fine and the battery indicator shows 16% the charge indicator on the front is on permanent as if the battery is fully charged. I replaced the battery myself, as this happened after 54 weeks of use (Just out of warranty, suprise,suprise), but the problem is exactly the same. I think it may be the charging circuit. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in anticipation.
  • toshiba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • toshiba

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, guys, i think the issue is the battery "memory effect", when the laptop batteries were not full discharged(means the batteries not show 0% power), and then were charged, they will "remember" the latest power level as the full 100% power level, when you run them down and recharge them, they will show you 100% full charge as their "memory",but not really full charge. so, you can over discharge them and than over charge the laptop batteries for 4-5 hours, the "memory effect" will disappear. good luck!
  • BillSmith

Post 3+ Months Ago

toshiba wrote:
well, guys, i think the issue is the battery "memory effect", when the laptop batteries were not full discharged(means the batteries not show 0% power), and then were charged, they will "remember" the latest power level as the full 100% power level, when you run them down and recharge them, they will show you 100% full charge as their "memory",but not really full charge. so, you can over discharge them and than over charge the laptop batteries for 4-5 hours, the "memory effect" will disappear. good luck!

i think toshiba is right.
I also have some battery tips for you
  • kennethisak
  • Born
  • Born
  • kennethisak

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a similar problem.. my battery on my Acer Aspire 8930G dorsĀ“t charged.. the power management tells me that it is chareding... but it dorsent ever get higer then 44% .... help?

thx
  • AspireUcer1234
  • Born
  • Born
  • AspireUcer1234

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow Toshiba helped now my laptop charges again thx!
  • bivdeth
  • Born
  • Born
  • bivdeth

Post 3+ Months Ago

my compaq presario cq61 laptop doesnt charge battery.. it doesnt say to replace the battery it is just at 0% and doesnt get charged. what shall i do? help me please.
  • mrmeathead99
  • Born
  • Born
  • mrmeathead99

Post 3+ Months Ago

Toshiba is right. The issue is the battery. I had the same problem. Are you referring to an Acer laptop or netbook?
  • abac2274
  • Born
  • Born
  • abac2274

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh! I'm facing the same problem, so anyone could help to describe in more details? Is it the problem from manufacturing for this brand?
  • EmJK
  • Born
  • Born
  • EmJK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an Acer AspireOne netbook, and it's having the same problem. No matter how long I charge it, it never goes above "31%" battery. I'm leaving on vacation today, and I need to bring it. Help? :/
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

BUY A NEW BATTERY. This isn't a difficult problem to correct, it just requires you to spend a little money. You can't repair your battery so you just need to buy one. Of course this doesn't help if you are leaving for vacation and need your laptop.
  • mike12345
  • Born
  • Born
  • mike12345

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with grinch2171. You can't do anything alse but buy a new battery or 2. However, if you need your laptop on the way, I recommande you to find a laptop with quality battery like Apple or Sony vaio maybe. I think we all knows Apple rules (up to 7h battery life), sony i owned and my battery last up to 5h with only surfing on the web.

Hope that helps.

Mike
  • IT-Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IT-Tech

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wrong battery percentages on your system tray sucks. I have fixed over 1000+ of computers. If it is always reads 100%; Let your battery completely drain than charge it back up, i usually let them sit there a good day. Your Operating System should read it fine then. If it stays at 0% then your battery is deadlined. Replace it, the cells in the battery can only go so long without recieving a charge if it is dead.
Mike, i am all for all Operating Systems. I've used mostly all of them, having an ESX server is awesome. But i wouldnt go around suggesting to end users to switch from Windows to MAC. Thats a big change for a normal user, i deal with simple issues from users all the time who made that switch. You just have to watch what you buy, my ASUS lasts 8+ hours. My MSI lasts +16 hours. my ACER lasts 4+. I have an enormous collection of computers, everything is fixable!!
  • pewe
  • Born
  • Born
  • pewe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a strange problem.
I received a replacement battery for my Acer 8930g.

When I put it in it had 50% charge, so I used that to drain the battery then put it on charge.

When I plugged in the mains cable the battery indicator flashed showing it was charging, but only for a few seconds before stopping. The mouse over then showed
- 4% available (plugged-in, charging)

It was still showing this after a good few hours.
So I disconnected the mains cable and immediately Windows 7 reported low battery and gave the usual 'plug in' message.

I ignored this, and the battery indicator was showing 4% available 10 mins remaining, which it continued to show for well over an hour.

Has anyone seen this type of charger behaviour before??
  • cbernard4519
  • Born
  • Born
  • cbernard4519

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am having the same issue. I have an Acer Aspire 8930G laptop.

My original battery was no longer holding charge and I replaced it. The new battery showed 66% when I first plugged in and would not cg=harge higher. I decided to discharge and try from 0% and it still does not charge.

The message shows "0% available (plugged in, charging)" so it seems to recognize a battery but is unable to charge it. This is my second battery. When i plug my original battery back in it does charge it to 100% so it does not seem to be issue with charging circuit.

Any addiational information would be helpful.
  • pewe
  • Born
  • Born
  • pewe

Post 3+ Months Ago

My problem is solved.
I got on to the battery supplier who sent me a second battery - same problem.
So I complained again and they sent me a third battery direct from the factory in Japan - AND IT WORKS.

I was most impressed with their customer service.

Search for item no. 271006937478 on the Ebay uk site.
  • sergeyL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sergeyL

Post 3+ Months Ago

dark18 wrote:
I'm having problems with my Acer 5672WLMi battery. What happens is that whenever I plug the adapter into the mains, the laptop runs perfectly fine but the batter doesn't get charged up whether it is in use or not. However, whenever I run my laptop, the power management on the laptop seems to think that the battery life is 100%. It is really annoying because it means that I can't use the laptop away from a mains socket. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance

try to change the wire, maybe the problem in it, as if it works well the problem in the wire and its connection to the laptop.
  • pewe
  • Born
  • Born
  • pewe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Sergeyl.
I did get the problem resolved.
The supplier sent me a 2nd battery - this had the same problem.
The supplier sent a 3rd battery (very good support) and that worked properly.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts