Acer laptop crashes when moved from one room to another

• freespirit
  • Born
  • Born
  • freespirit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All

Im new to this forum and I have to say, I like the ease of getting around. Anyway, Ive had my Acer 5100 for 16 months, and recently, I have found that when I move it from A to B, I get an exception error and the system crashes. When I reboot, I just get a black screen with two white flickering lines. When I check in the BIOS, the hard disk has disappeared. When I leave it for 30mins, the the hard disk re-apprears and then on exit windows, will load.

If I shut down windows normally, leaving the laptop where it is, and switch it back on, Windows loads again.

If I shut down windows again, unplug everything, pickit up and go into the next room, plug everything back in again and then switch on the laptop, the black screen appears again, and the hard disk is absent again.

Ive tried everything from changing the hard disk, to changing the op system, and it still keeps doing it. I think it is the motherboard or a loose connection. Because the power supply, fan all seems to be working fine.

Can anyone advise?

freespirit
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is so weird. I've heard enough of problems from Acer in Ozzu. :P
  • justontime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • justontime

Post 3+ Months Ago

It happened to me almost the same problem but not with an acer ,with a hp laptop.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ach, i hate hearing about ACER laptop problems because i just went and bought one back in September.

In saying that i've also had several problems with mine but due to the fact i bought it in Australia and the fact i am now back in Scotland the hassle of going through it's warranty i'm not sure is worth the time and effort.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts